matt's mind
UMEBOSHI wrote:

The code is 1207

ok, thats the latest batch, i doubt that is the issue.

did they flash anything to the cartridge for when it arrived?  test it in any way before shipping, i guess i mean,

check out their return policies, or get in touch with them directly and just ask about it.  everyone wants happy customers wink

NYC

This does not sound like a battery issue.  Before you try for a return, try these things:

-Reformat the cartridge.  Reformat it a couple of times.  Do this to both the A side & the B side of the cartridge.  Then flash LSDj back onto it & try it.

-Use a different USB cable.  It's possible one of the prongs in the cable is not making a strong contact.  If that's the case, it can lose connection & quickly reconnect before you even notice.  If it does that while you're writing to the cartridge, then whatever you're writing WILL be corrupted & cause exactly the type of problems you're describing.  Also, to be safe, plug the cable in tight & DON'T TOUCH IT, especially while it's writing.  Place the cartridge down & do your flashing.

-Finally, check the Gameboy itself.  Please do keep in mind how old these things are.  The contacts where the cartridge plugs in may be dirty.  See if you can stick a Q-tip doused with isopropyl alcohol down into that contact area in the Gameboy.  Try to clean the contacts.  Isopropyl alcohol is used to clean electronics, so you don't have to worry about moisture damage or anything like that.  Try anyway you can to rub those contacts with alcohol.  Make sure you blow it dry before connecting & turning on.  Alcohol evaporates very fast.

Hope this helps.  Good luck.