hardcore, Australia

Stumbling through the internet in the late evening I found this.
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/47645 … light.html
At 20c a piece for an order of 100, this could be a cheap way to backlight gameboys on the wholesale for you modding chaps.
Size/shape/thickness and colour all appear customisable, not sure if 100 is the minimum order or if it's a larger number, but it might be a good deal for someone who uses a lot of backlights.

I wouldn't put one in my gameboy unless somebody was just giving them out.

Sweeeeeeden
z3r0 wrote:

You mean any backlight, or these?

Austin, Texas

They don't have any detailed specs…

Well, ok, I guess that's not true, but you literally have to tell the exactly how you want it done. I'm pretty sure a lot of the backlights from the example photos wouldn't fit in a game boy…

I was worried about them being too thick, but 1.4mm is acceptable.

EDIT: I've read this listing a couple of times now, and it looks like they put "Game Boy" in it the way people put "Chiptune LSDJ" in eBay listings for Commodores and stuff. So they just make LED backlights to spec for literally anything, and you could have them make ones for Game Boy if you happened to know the spec to give them.

Last edited by Telerophon (Oct 8, 2012 12:58 am)

godinpants wrote:

Stumbling through the internet in the late evening I found this.
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/47645 … light.html
At 20c a piece for an order of 100, this could be a cheap way to backlight gameboys on the wholesale for you modding chaps.
Size/shape/thickness and colour all appear customisable, not sure if 100 is the minimum order or if it's a larger number, but it might be a good deal for someone who uses a lot of backlights.

It says 20 cents - $100 per piece. You won't get backlights for 20 cents a piece unless you're producing in the millions.

.FILTHadelphia

Minimum of 2000. Hope you like backlighting.

Austin, Texas

Yo dog I heard you like backlights.

nitro2k01 wrote:
z3r0 wrote:

You mean any backlight, or these?

No just those, I've been meaning to get a couple from kitsch.

clovis CA
defiantsystems wrote:

Minimum of 2000. Hope you like backlighting.

hahaha, nice one

hardcore, Australia
Apeshit wrote:

It says 20 cents - $100 per piece. You won't get backlights for 20 cents a piece unless you're producing in the millions.

Tacoma WA

backlight all the gameboys!

Sydney, NSW
infradead wrote:

backlight all the gameboys!

quite literally, too