I'm looking for something somewhat like Genome but for Android os. I don't really want to go back to Apple products. All I could find was Touch DAW and Budgerigar. Neither seem to do what I need. Does anyone have anny suggestions?

Turku, FIN

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … hvc2MiXQ..

Finland

thats a controller, not sequencer. But yeah would like to know too!

Exactly. I really like those Asus transformer tablets but there's no Android software to control my midi enabled consoles. Not like the iOS which has a ton off apps.

Gosford, Australia

i heard somewhere that android's midi support is dreadful so devs don't go near it :<

Los Angeles, CA

I've been looking more and more at TouchOSC (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta … hvc2MiXQ..) since it was mentioned in this thread. I'm guessing I would need a wifi network and some sort of ludicrously expensive software to actually put this to use. Anybody actually using an android control surface for live performances? If so, what software / hardware combo are you using? I like that using a tablet / smartphone app could save me megabucks on MIDI control surfaces, but I can't be sure of the actual usefulness until I hear a success story! smile

BOSTON
Victory Road wrote:

i heard somewhere that android's midi support is dreadful so devs don't go near it :<

there are a lot of latency issues with anything music related in android, plus apparently the google API has nothing for it. which is REALLY strange, since apple has targeted music devs from day one with iOS. at this point there is absolutely no comparison between the 2 platforms, sadly. i dont think android will ever be able to catch up.

edit: sorry, not trying to bring down the OP. i am just really disappointed in what could have been an awesome open-source music platform tongue

Last edited by BR1GHT PR1MATE (Nov 14, 2012 10:52 pm)

Chicago IL

have you thought about using a computer

Seattle, WA US
Saskrotch wrote:

have you thought about using a computer