Sydney, NSW
NUCLACE wrote:

I also thought it by be cool to be able to change the tempo while the samples looped.

you mean the pitch? There's no tempo in this program!
That being said, I'll give it a go smile

Sydney, NSW
barbeque wrote:

P E R F E C T for piggy. thanks! i will check it out tomorrow and letcha know what i think.

Awesome, thanks!

NC in the US of America
Chainsaw Police wrote:
NUCLACE wrote:

I also thought it by be cool to be able to change the tempo while the samples looped.

you mean the pitch? There's no tempo in this program!
That being said, I'll give it a go smile

Changing the "speed" would affect the pitch and the tempo, right?

@The Silph Scope: That'd be awesome.

Abandoned on Fire

Tempo doesnt have any meaning if there's just one note being looped smile

Last edited by egr (Aug 10, 2012 5:30 am)

Sydney, NSW
SketchMan3 wrote:

Changing the speed would definitely change the pitch in this case. In general music cases, changing the speed of a music file will change the tempo as well. However, tempo is a musical term, and applies to music, not single tones! tongue

egr wrote:

Great idea! Any chance of a mac version?

Sydney, NSW
Cementimental wrote:

Great idea! Any chance of a mac version?

Nope, sorry. This was done in Visual Basic .NET, a strictly Windows language sad
I'll see if there's some way to get it working on Wine, at least. Maybe try Mono, I heard good things about Mono being able to run .NET programs on non-Win platforms!

Unsubscribe

A birdy told me we might see a more pig friendly version of something like this sooner rather than later.

Riverside, CA
Chainsaw Police wrote:

Nope, sorry. This was done in Visual Basic .NET, a strictly Windows language

wink

Abandoned on Fire
herr_prof wrote:

A birdy told me we might see a more pig friendly version of something like this sooner rather than later.

Sydney, NSW
The Silph Scope wrote:
Chainsaw Police wrote:

Nope, sorry. This was done in Visual Basic .NET, a strictly Windows language

wink

heart

The only reason I used it is because that's what I'm learning right now in Software Dev class. I know my way around C, Python, and a little bit of others, but VB.NET can play audio with one line. Don't judge me!

herr_prof wrote:

Ooh, I'm liiistening~

Hi, can some know a cycle wave editor for apple ?
great !

Earth
ASP wrote:

Hi, can some know a cycle wave editor for apple ?
great !

Audacity? That's what I use on os x. Maybe there's a dedicated editor..

Riverside, CA

for i in `ls`; do mplayer $i; sleep 1; done

NC in the US of America

Finally realized I needed this program, since VLC cuts off the beginnings of short wave samples, rendering it useless for such purposes. So I'd like to say thanks for making this program.

Chainsaw Police wrote:
SketchMan3 wrote:

Changing the speed would definitely change the pitch in this case. In general music cases, changing the speed of a music file will change the tempo as well. However, tempo is a musical term, and applies to music, not single tones! tongue

egr wrote:

However! One might theoretically want to rhythmically load some non-single-cycle-waveform samples and weirdly make music with it (which is what I figured Nuclace might be hinting at) wink