The Wild Wintery North

I have been using LSDJ off of the LameBoy emulator for the R4DS. I was told that you get a nicer sound using the original console. But, I, also wanting to collect handhelds to use for gaming, was wondering whether the GameBoy Colour would be better to buy.
Would there be downsides to this though?
Would LSDJ still work without an emulator?
Would LSDJ sound better on the GB or will it be about the same?
Also, if possible, where could I buy one or the other in the UK area that is in good condition?

Which would you recommend?
Oh! And any games worth buying, other than the Pokémon games?

*Note: I have a GameBoy Advance SP that I can play GameBoy Colour games on. So, ya. Just want to know anyway. User reviews and all.

Thanks smile

Tempe, AZ

I use my backlit DMG for LSDJ and gaming and my frontlit GBC for gaming and GBC games. I heard LSDj runs the best on the DMG? I not sure how that breaks down but I can name you some Great games.
NEKKETSU KOUHA KUNIO KUN"RENEGADE JAPAN  - Spirtual Sequel to River City Ransom but on Game Boy
Ninja Boy 1 and 2

Duck Tales 1 and 2
Double Dragon 1
Final Fantasy Adventure (secret of mana)
Wario Land 1 and 2
Links Awakening
Mega Man 1-5
Mega Man Extreme 1 amd 2
Donkey Kong (Mario Version)
Game and Watch Gallery 2 and 3
Kirby Dream Land 1 and 2
Hammerrin Harry
Harvest Moon 2
Quest of the Mystical Ninja
Legend of Zelda Oracle of Seasons/Ages

I know theres waaay more

Last edited by TeddyBearCedenski (Oct 14, 2012 9:57 am)

Puerto Rico

Would LSDJ still work without an emulator?

Are you a troll? I'll bite.

http://www.herbertweixelbaum.com/comparison.htm
lsdj runs better on faster hardware (emulators, gbc, gbas) but sounds better on dmgs.

I'd say having a bunch of carts is messy, just have your favorites and rare gems you come across. (And the gb camera)

I'd say just use your ags, and get a dmg if you find a cheap one or really think it's worth it.

NEKKETSU KOUHA KUNIO KUN"RENEGADE JAPAN  - Spirtual Sequel to River City Ransom but on Game Boy

I have to check this out, thanks.

Tempe, AZ

There's this too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4kJiTDB5tM

The Character's name is Kunio in all the games. Its a pretty cool series. Check the snes versions too they require a Japanese patch tho. Its really cool man the game plays out like a anime as far as the dialouge. The Game Boy Version is awesome too.

shanghai

theres also a thing called GOOGLE you can use to answer questions

im sure if it is googled you will find 86,000 threads from various internetz about the same thing.

Indiana
Downstate wrote:

im sure if it is googled you will find 86,000 threads from various internetz about the same thing.

can lsdj run on google???

The Wild Wintery North

I've gone ahead and bought a GB, so there's no need for this discussion really. Thanks to the game recommendations smile

La paz - Bolivia
Fudgers wrote:
Downstate wrote:

This made my day.

NC in the US of America
toroxciso wrote:
Fudgers wrote:

This made my day.

+1 for lsdj Doodle. Are there any special anniversary days for chiptune music?

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Oct 16, 2012 5:24 pm)

Riverside, CA
SketchMan3 wrote:

Are there any special anniversary days for chiptune music?

August 21, 2007
The day Nelly Furtado's single "Do It" was released.

edit: Regarding playing LSDJ on Google, it'd be pretty cool to have something like this as a Doodle on the Game Boy's birthday (April 21, 1989).

Last edited by The Silph Scope (Oct 16, 2012 10:10 pm)

México, DF.
The Silph Scope wrote:

edit: Regarding playing LSDJ on Google, it'd be pretty cool to have something like this as a Doodle on the Game Boy's birthday (April 21, 1989).

they had google on 1989!?

The Wild Wintery North
eme7h wrote:
The Silph Scope wrote:

I think he means that a doodle that represents April 21, 1989 should be made to resemble that little app/widget/emulator link.

Gosford, Australia
Goughy wrote:
eme7h wrote:

I think he means that a doodle that represents April 21, 1989 should be made to resemble that little app/widget/emulator link.

Riverside, CA

What's Google?

Austin, Texas

The answer is "Yes."