Los Angeles

anyone brave the NL 2.6 update yet? I can't find any info on what has been changed/fixed.

Austin, Texas

I've got a cart in the mail, but I didn't really get to play with the previous version much, so I might not be much help answering this question.

I'm under the impression that it's mostly a bugfix release. Here's a quote I have from the man himself:

Oliver Wittchow wrote:

The 2.6 cart contains the same circuit and chip as the original 2.3 cart, which has proven to be reliable over many years.

Software-wise, 2.6 is only a minor update to 2.5.

Last edited by Telerophon (Oct 22, 2012 3:30 am)

Los Angeles

i know of a few fixes ill be looking and hoping for. i will update one of my carts tonight and test.

hmmm my 2.3 cart has been more reliable then my 2.5 cart. did he switch back and forth between 2.3 and 2.6? is 2.5 different?

Last edited by dasid (Oct 22, 2012 4:56 am)

Austin, Texas

I looked and found a kind of truncated release note in the nanoloop 2 specs on the site:

Oliver Wittchow wrote:

New in Verison 2.6.0

- Ping-pong mode is back.

New in Verison 2.5.5

- Bug in manual playback fixed.

New in Verison 2.5.4

- Scrambled icons in arpeggio mode corrected
- Pause & resume playback with A / B at tempo control
- When paused, manual, stepwise playback with A is possible.
- Setting delay from within menu affects only even steps, so that a swing factor can be applied easily.

Last edited by Telerophon (Oct 22, 2012 5:39 am)

Los Angeles

ahh thanks, thats where it was hiding. ok good ping pong fixed.

Madison, WI

From an email Oliver sent me a couple weeks ago...worth posting simply for the sake of cataloging data on earlier 2.x releases:

Hi Anthony

- What are the differences between 2.5.1 and 2.5.4?  I've noticed 2.5.1 mutes in certain cases when normal/filter/fm note value is placed in the far left column, and will extend 1 column past the boundary box on the right.  Was this intentional?  In any case, I've encountered it before, and I love it, as assigning an LFO that hits that "mute" column rapidly allows for some really interesting sounds.

Mainly bugfixes concerning song playback. The pause/resume/stepwise function.

- What does C stand for vs. S?

Honestly I don't know why I re-labeled S to C. Should be S.

- Has ping pong been repaired in either of these versions?  (haven't tested it yet myself)

Not yet.

- Do you recall what the differences are between versions 2.0 and 2.0.1?  I haven't seen one of either in action, sadly.  I'm curious if they function like 2.1, 2.2, or 2.3 and after.

2.0 is much the same as 2.1, it just lacks the limiter so that loudness is much lower. 2.01 was a minor update, I don't remember what it did.

Since the new batch of 2.x is based on the 2.2 / 2.3 PCB/Chip combo again, it is possible to get a 2.6 cart with 2.2 on it.

Austin, Texas
dasid wrote:

hmmm my 2.3 cart has been more reliable then my 2.5 cart. did he switch back and forth between 2.3 and 2.6? is 2.5 different?

Oliver Wittchow wrote:

Since the new batch of 2.x is based on the 2.2 / 2.3 PCB/Chip combo again, it is possible to get a 2.6 cart with 2.2 on it.

Well, looks like the new carts are in fact based on the 2.3 hardware! Cool!