Melbourne, AU

Just showing off the new Lexan overlays that come with the current batch of sammichSID:

I'll sell them separately to existing sammichSID owners with totally botched up paint filled engraving. I totally regret making so many people stuff about with the painting step, which even I can't get right 100% of the time sad so selling these "after market" is my attempt to make things right. I'll also be selling black rear panels without engraving, so the rear panel can be replaced as well.

If I'd done overlays from the start, the artwork would have been less minimalistic, not being restricted to laser engraving of acrylic. So these overlays are also pretty minimalistic and practically identical to the original design, so they can match whatever LCD and LED combos people have used on their sammichSID. The overlay has a matte finish and is almost identical to the matte black acrylic case. I might be doing a white version to match the white (Arctic Ice) cases... I'll have to gauge interest first.

If you want one of these overlays, please don't email me just yet. Watch this thread for an announcement of price and how to order information.

Austin, Texas

There's a new batch of SammichSID?!?

Last edited by Telerophon (Oct 22, 2012 4:06 am)

Melbourne, AU

Stuttgart, DE

Hmm, I am considering building another sammichSID just for the overlay :-)

Unsubscribe

Damn thats snice.

Matthew Joseph Payne

Very nice! I was lucky to have a very easy job with the painting, so I'm very happy with mine... but these almost make me wish I wasn't!