Eanske, Holland

Ton dissevelt, kid baltan.

Electronica pioneers from holland in the 60s.
Philips had a research facility called natlab (natuurkundig
laboratorium).
Also: an electric storm with derbyshire is worth checking,
as well as raymond scott. For early 20th century
mechanical music check out the italian futurist movement.

I'd forgotten how many old tv idents are a trip to synth city:

The City Of Angels
glomag wrote:

please checkl out DAF (Deutsch-Amerikanische Freundschaft.)

Amazing, minimal, synth punk. At the itme it was called Neue Deutsche Welle (German new wave.)

+1 D.A.F.!

Anyway, since the early 80s seem to be neglected here:

While most "rebellious" youth were too busy with the "Punk" trend or post-punk or hardcore-punk or whatever punk blah blah blah (as if people don't use the term enough as it is), people were doing this:

Please, allow me to semi-goth this up (it fits the site's colours better) with super old Ministry (yes, the metal one, before the metal ;p)

^ That one is from like 81, although that video was shot in 82 i think. Synths used: Opus-3 Moog and Source Moog. Most people weren't even aware the song existed until someone upped that video a couple of years back on le tube.

^ composed some time between 81-84 but released in 85...That track, if I remember correctly, was mostly done with a Fairlight CMI synthesizer. Alot of early Ministry used the CMI. A lot of the Twitch album used it.

^1980 Korg MS-20 for drums... I think it was a CS80 Yamaha used as well...  and Black and Decker drill ;P

^ 1983

^84/85 the tune, not the video.

The End. Not classical, but a bit of mixutre of ambience and noise and whatnot... add some Throbbing Gristle, Boyd Rice, SPK etc. etc. and you got the beginnings of industrial music as it was.

Last edited by Mono (Feb 5, 2010 10:36 pm)

SF
Mono wrote:

Thanks for this, Mono. This song tickles me in the right spots.

Berkeley, CA

Francis Lai (GREAT French Composer) 's Electronic Music is really wonderful. Check out the Bilitis soundtrack.