Freiburg, Germany

Hey

after buying my first DMG on a flea market for 10 Euros in good condition and my second one off Amazon used for 20 Euros, also pretty great condition (including brand new screen cover) I came across a third one yesterday in a second hand shop on which the start button was not working and which was pretty dirty. I got it for 10, scrubbed it, fully expecting it to be my replacement supplier should I fuck up my upcoming mods and applied some rubbing alcohol and now it's nice and clean and the start button works, too.

That's 3 Game Boys within 3 weeks! How many is too many? I feel like I've had enough for a few months.

I already had 15 gameboys, and last week I bought 6 more.
and even then, I'm not the biggest collector here. So you'll be fine.

Liverpool, UK

Are they really that much nowadays? 10/20 euros seems massively expensive for a Game Boy!

uhajdafdfdfa

considering there are game boys that exist who can play every game boy game i would say Two is too many. but i have two

but you can have lots and it not be too much if you follow this advice:

Freiburg, Germany

Uhm... I thought 10/20 euros for a dmg was quite reasonable, especially if they are in good shape. Did I pay too much?

Freiburg, Germany

I checked a German seller of DMGs and they start around 15 Euros for ones that are beat up or have dead columns with prices up to 50 bucks for ones that are like new but without packaging. ebay has cheaper ones, but still above 20 bucks usually.

Either I've been lucky and Germany generally has higher prices for DMGs or I've not been able to find the cheap ones

Czech republic

From my experience gameboys are too expensive on german ebay.

Italy

I guess 10-15, max 20-25 euros is fine too for a DMG in used conditions.
I bought mine for 13 and 15 euros and I think the price was great.
Anyway I have 6 DMGs, 3 of which are already modded, and I don't mind on buying more, I actually want more. But I have a list of priorities right now, so I'll spend my money on something else

Last edited by Merutochan (Oct 27, 2012 11:49 am)

Nottingham, UK

I have a few

I've never paid more than a few pounds for one. Hunt around and you'll find some old lady willing to sell her kids one for cheap now they've grown up and flown the nest.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Oct 27, 2012 2:34 pm)

what, 10$?? Expensive??
Here in Germany, I'm glad if I find one under 30€, and that does not say they are in super conditions..
sad

Madriz, Supain

You're addicted the very moment you keep buying them KNOWING you dont need more.

This said, I think I need another dmg

Cleveland, OH
calmdownkidder wrote:

Are they really that much nowadays? 10/20 euros seems massively expensive for a Game Boy!

Yes. The pric ha steadily been going way up for the last year. It really sucks.

Unsubscribe

or: stay away from ebay and forums. I got a mint grey a few months ago from some dude who thought I was crazy for paying $5.

clovis CA

i have about 40 DMG's. qith all the ones that have came and gone, that would put me up in the 100's mark

buffalo, NY

I got a ton off eBay a couple years ago.  I needed at least a few because I'm a modding failure and was bound to screw up a few of them though.

Why would you need more than one gameboy?