Freiburg, Germany

Hi,

I'm confused. Can NES buttons be used in the DMG without (or with little) modification? Kitsch said somewhere that he has white NES buttons in his whiteboy and I've seen this greyboy yesterday and really want to recreate it now (but kitsch has only white NES buttons, no white DMG buttons)

Last edited by lastfuture (Oct 29, 2012 9:51 pm)

Austin, Texas

This is not only possible, but very common.

Here's one of mine:

^^ I dig that, Telerophon!

They fit with no modifications.

Hence why I've had these made: http://asmretro.com/nes-button-set

matt's mind
lastfuture wrote:

(but kitsch has only white NES buttons, no white DMG buttons)

will be restocked asap wink

Austin, Texas
Apeshit wrote:

They fit with no modifications.

Ah, yeah, I'd meant to be more clear about that in my post.

They're literally a drop in replacement, the only tool you need is a screwdriver. And your brain. wink

As for the difference in feel, it's a matter of preference. The NES buttons are more concave and the DMG buttons are convex.

Orlando, Florida

Thanks, I was actually was also wondering this but what about the silicone button pads? Are those interchangeable?  Obviously, the start and select aren't, but what about the d-pad and buttons?

They're very similar but the NES ones are a bit too thick.

Freiburg, Germany
kitsch wrote:
lastfuture wrote:

(but kitsch has only white NES buttons, no white DMG buttons)

will be restocked asap wink

Good to know! I personally find the button shapes of the DMG buttons more elegant. I'll wait

Freiburg, Germany

One final question. Besides DMG buttons and NES buttons, are there any other buttons that are compatible with the DMG like, say, the CGB buttons?

Do the SNES buttons have the same height as DMG buttons? I ask because I got a NES dogbone controller precisely for the red convex buttons, but they ended up being a tad too tall and stuck out too much.