Freiburg, Germany

Hey,

I like to give hardware names and I was wondering if you did the same. I know many people name their computers and smart phones but I'm specifically interested in the sweet sweet names of your chip music making machines.

I'll start. My still unmodded green DMG which I started using for music has just received the name "Mr. Bleepington"

England

mine are called

the game boy with the guinea pig and hello kitty stickers on
the yellow one
the prosounded backlit pitch modded one
the one that mum's ex-boyfriend gave me that he found in his attic

IL, US

Nope, only name computers because I network my stuff. No need to name electronics

shanghai

bit gay. i dont name my electronics no.

matt's mind

i name my hard drives.  they are named after stargate sg-1 team members.  yeah.  i'm a geek.

Joliette, QC, Canada

I don't but I do call my ST, my precious or Beauty ST ! tongue

Chicago IL, USA
Downstate wrote:

bit gay. i dont name my electronics no.

clovis CA

i call my yellow dmg Cheddar and my computer Rex. my car is named Betsy =]

uhajdafdfdfa

my computer is called Michael-PC

Brunswick, GA USA

I do know one non-musician who names his PCs for more than just the network, and I understand why- when you put something together with your own hands or modify it to a point where it becomes unique, you feel a personality in it. After a while there can be literal organic differences between otherwise identical pieces of kit.

Naming your instrument comes from the proverbial Blues hobo who has nothing to live for but an old instrument that takes on a personality with all the nicks and scratches.

While I understand, I haven't done it myself.

The Wild Wintery North

I've named the very laptop that I am using right now "George". My DSi XL is "Big One" (respectively) due to it's size compared to my other handhelds. GBA is "Stanley" based off the accidental Pkmn Emerald save created when I first got it. DS Lite is "R4-P17" (Star Wars droid) because the only cart ever in is my r4. Finally, my DMG is "Rory" because a) I'm a fan of Doctor Who and b) because it's a retarded way of shortening "RetroBoy."

Last edited by Goughy (Dec 26, 2012 6:10 pm)

England

my phone is called jake has poo in his toes.

My NES is named Herugrim

A gray world of dread

My PC is BUGWOMB
My WLAN is VAGINA DENTATA
My mobile is MANUPORT
My drives are named after the Gorgons

Tacoma, WA

my gameboy is called "that one thing that makes them bleeps and bloops and stuff"
I have a bunch of other stuff to like my Korg Monotron I call "Korg Monotron"
and then there is the "obvious cool thing is obviously cool"
and then everything is just called stuff

Last edited by Vellain (Oct 31, 2012 6:17 pm)

Germany

I named my bass guitar "Sperrholz" (translates to "ply wood")! This bass is kind of shitty (still good for what I paid, and certainly good enough for my crappy bass skills). I also undid the original paint job, so you can see the wood it is made of - not a particularly pretty sight, but kind of cool in a DIY-it-looks-like-crap-but-i-made-it-and-it-works-way.
still searching for a name for my guitar, other stuff is usually not named. but, my game boy deserves a name! i should ask the previous owner if he named it, he often names his stuff ;-]