Greenland

Good day to you, Sirs and Madams,

I was wondering about the best way to clean DMG cases. I am not talking about yellowed plastic, just a 15 year-accumulation of grime and dirt. I do not want to scrub much. The preferred way would be to just soak the case in a cleaning solvent of some kind, then rub it a bit, è voilà, clean case.

Please share your wisdom.

matt's mind

i've had good results with soaking them in a hot bath for a little (to loosen up/remove the big stuff), and then running them through a dish wash cycle, ON THE TOP RACK!!!!

some washers will melt them on the bottom rack.  others won't.  better be safe than sorry,

they come out squeaky clean this way

Greenland

Thanks! Unfortunately though, I do not own a dish washer. Maybe I can borrow one ... do you just use normal dish washer tablets/fluent?

Freiburg, Germany

If you don't have a dish washer, after soaking I would scrub it with a nail brush along the grooves of the case and thoroughly where there is anything like the port names embossed in the plastic. I did this with a grey DMG that was fairly dirty, just with clear water and it worked great. Imagine what it would do in some soapy water using mild soap without bleach or abrasive components

Greenland

@lastfuture: thanks! I would have thought scrubbing would take up more time. I have about a dozen cases, though, so I will probably borrow a dish washer.