Tempe, AZ

This has been a gruesome process, Ive damaged two LCD screens trying to remove the film. Sometimes I get lucky and it comes off in 2 minutes. Sometimes 2 hours. Are there any tips for prepping the screen to make removal less a hassle? Or any tips in general. Thanks alot guys smile

KC

use 91% rubbing alcohol

go slow

very carefully pry a corner with a razor and then use rubbing alcohol to slowly dissolve the adhesive

this leaves more residue behind than just pulling it with your fingers but you put less stress on the ribbon and glass this way

KC

so then you have to clean whatever adhesive is left with a q tip and 91% alcohol

West Palm Beach, FL

Lots of patience. Jamming the razor blade slowly between the film and the screen as deep as you can helps make it easier to peel it off.

Austin, Texas

Some tips:

• Use a brand new razor if you're having trouble. Razors lose a lot of their sharpness on the first few cuts, and having one of the proper sharpness makes a noticable difference in how smoothly this process can go.

• Definitely go slow. As painstaking and time consuming as this process can be, it's worth doing right. Obviously.

• If you really don't feel comfortable doing this yourself, ask someone else to do it for you, either as a favor or as a professional job. You'll be happier in the long run.

Austin, TX

Slow and steady wins the race man!  Start with the corners, and twist it to get the middle off.

BK

Here's my trick: Use tweezers. Do the initial separation using the razor on one corner and once you have the corner up grab it with a set of tweezers. This allows you to get behind the screen without having to bend the ribbon cable nearly as much, which reduces the chance of breaking it by bending it back and forth.

Even better- once you have the corner up far enough, use the tweezers..I guess you'd say...sideways. The idea would be to end up rolling the film around the tweezers in a cylindrical shape. Do this slowly but firmly and youll find the adhesive usually comes off rather cleanly and easily, and you'll only rarely have to scrape any off.

Tempe, AZ

Bravooo. Thanks a lot guys