clovis CA
herr_prof wrote:

maybe the key is smaller leds big_smile

my board had the option to have smd and/or regular led's, thought that might be useful to some.

DRM.CT

I've put together an ArduinoBoy PCB (really more of a breakout board) designed to mount on top of an Arduino Pro-Mini from SparkFun Electronics. I know the Pro Mini fits inside a DMG case - not sure about the fit of stacking the two boards yet, as I haven't had any made. Anyway, here's my design!

ArduinoBoy / Pro-Mini Breakout

Czech republic
ALTF4 wrote:

I've put together an ArduinoBoy PCB (really more of a breakout board) designed to mount on top of an Arduino Pro-Mini from SparkFun Electronics. I know the Pro Mini fits inside a DMG case - not sure about the fit of stacking the two boards yet, as I haven't had any made. Anyway, here's my design!

ArduinoBoy / Pro-Mini Breakout

nice design!
It should fit in as long as you use this kind of headers:

DRM.CT

Thanks! And yeah, I figured I could just use normal headers and slide the plastic bit towards the middle to act as a spacer. I'm actually hoping to make a bunch of these for sale but I think ASM might have beat me in the design department - haha.

Austin, TX

Wow, I can't believe I didn't see this thread sooner haha. I'm really diggin' these designs, I've been trying to figure out how to build a smaller ArduinoBoy for my current DMG project. Alley Beach, I really like your design and I ordered some ATmega328p chips and smd octocouplers so I'm going to try to build something similar to your design and I'd also like to try to build ApeShit's design. I ordered enough parts to make 3 ArduinoBoys and I'll post my progress on here.

United States

i want one where the backlight color of the gameboy is different depending on which mode the a-boy is in ill pay someone to make me one

matt's mind
Boner wrote:

i want one where the backlight color of the gameboy is different depending on which mode the a-boy is in ill pay someone to make me one

working on a version like that (with easy hookup), and one with indicator LEDs built within/under the screen protector wink

United States

im talking about the whole screen backlight though!

matt's mind

thats what i'm talking about too.  the color changes according to mode

United States

ok hurry then

Turku, FIN

omg, that sounds too awesome

matt's mind

then i'll hurry it up!

clovis CA

@ boddah
ill need to get them printed, can you wait a few weeks for the board?

Unsubscribe
kitsch wrote:

then i'll hurry it up!

Did anything come of this kitsch?

matt's mind

^ yup, certainly, internal w/ 2.5mm for 'traditional' midi (with adapter cable to be made), and a teensyboy variant

however, because the moogfest stuff has taken over my life, basically everything which won't be featured there (these won't obviously) is on a temporary freeze until it passes. 

but they have very much been worked on.  including the accessories to make the system work.  the fest has just zapped literally all my spare time atm, including time i don't really have to share with it hmm

Unsubscribe

Well im still very interested, so i cant wait for the fest to be over! That sounds really cool.