Boston, MA

I'm sure this topic has been posted at some point in the past, but to prevent threadromancy, I figured I'd start a new one. Lately, I've seen a lot of LSDJ+guitar, LSDJ+DAW, LSDJ+vocals, etc. being posted. I think that's really great, and I love the blend. But I also really like tracks that only use the Game Boy, be they 1x or 2x or whatever--the sound just resonates with me a little more, I don't know. That being said, I'm really, really (really) not looking to spark a debate between "pure" and "hybrid" Game Boy music. They're both great genres with their own merits. But as for music made with Game Boy hardware only, what are some of you guys' favorites?

Last edited by Soleviio (Nov 11, 2012 5:38 pm)

DC

My favorite "gameboy only" song is moonlight sonata performed on LSDJ only by Danimal Cannon.

buffalo, NY

Just for the record, I feel bad about the recommendation of that song because:

a) I didn't write it
b) there is some significant post processing with reverb. 

However about 90% of the rest of my record is pure Gameboy

DC

I did find the reverb odd for the gameboy, but i thought it was all you and your lsdj skills. Still my favorite, though!
And don't feel bad because you didn't write it. You actually managed to bring the feeling of the original song to a completely different platform and music genre. That's no easy feat.