Hi everybody! It has been a while but I finally finished my second album "DAS GANZE" (~"The Whole"). If you like melodic Electropunk and Breakcore mixed with 8-bit sounds, classical instruments and Critical Theory (look it up) you might enjoy it. If not, at least give it a try. smile

It's available at bloerb.bandcamp.com for free!

I guess I've improved a lot over the last months, but I'd still appreciate some CC. heart

matt's mind

heart critical theory..... you're speaking my language... what a small world, was studying marcuse a little last night and looking for a good essay to read smile

(didn't go with marcuse though... Noonans' "Rights, needs, and the moral grounds of democratic society", had read it before and needed a mental shake-up again.  google it, its worth a read)

um, gonna listen to this, that was a nice term drop in your write-up.

Haha, I certainly didn't expect a response to that term so soon. Still have to look into Marcuse some more. On the album I only used some recordings from Theodor W. Adorno and Max Horkheimer. Let me know what you think. smile

nashville,tn

lolz i wonder what adorno would think of the nostalgia aspect of chipmusic vs the futurism leanings of the timbres.....

He definitely would have had some interesting things to say about electronical music in general, not only aesthetically but also from a marxist-sociological point of view. Sometimes when I listen to some radical breakcore I like to think that this could be the twelve-tone technique of our generation. big_smile

Florida

you had me at umlaut

LÖL

mainz, grmny.

You can't seriously be compairing breakcore to twelve-tone music.

That would mean I'm a musical genius.

+ I'm not a musical genius.

Not necessarily. It could also mean that nowadays you don't really have to be a genius to produce groundbreaking music. Or, since I only wrote it "could be the twelve-tone technique OF OUR GENERATION", maybe our generation simply sucks. On the other hand... Arnold Schoenberg's generation was responsible for the holocaust, so I'm not entirely sure and certainly don't hope we'll beat that.

Anyways. As much as I love chatting about Critical Theory and twelve-tone technique... Does anyone wanna share some thoughts about my album? lol