Murcia, Spain

Hello guys!

I recently acquired a Pro-Sound modded DMG and I am using it to record my LSDJ tracks on my computer. My problem is that the pro-sound mod was made in a way that you can't change the volume with the pot, so it's fixed at (I believe) maximum volume. The thing is when I record it to my computer line-in, the software (Audacity) gets it, but too loud, enough to distort it badly...

So I would like to hear recommendations on what to do.

I have decided not opening the DMG to fix it myself, because it has other mods and a big deal of wires there... too much for a noob like me.

One thing I thought could be a solution is making a small volume pot out of the game boy. Say two female jacks, one for the line-in and one for the line-out with a potentiometer between them, all fitted in a small box.

Apart from that, I don't know if there's something I can do to avoid my computer software or sound card to distort the song due to its volume.

Any advice/suggestion is well received : )

Unsubscribe

Get a prosumer sound card with gain controls on the preamp? Making a modded box with pots would work for sure, but you already cut out a crappy pot to get the prosound, so why introduce another level of interference back in? You can also try finding a stereo di box with a pad button on it, or using an external mixer to reduce the level going into the soundcard

NC in the US of America

Why not just lower the input volume on your pc?

Murcia, Spain
SketchMan3 wrote:

Stupidly simple as that... I turned down the input volume in Audacity and now it sounds perfect.

Thanks very much for the tip SketchMan!

SketchMan3 wrote:

yeah, that's all you have to do,lol.   Who the fuck would make such a mod anyways (don't answer that)

what are you using to record? Maybe someone familiar with that software can guide you through the preferences.

edit* nvrmnd (:

Last edited by shitbird (Nov 13, 2012 10:03 pm)

Murcia, Spain

Now that you say, if someone wants to add something about LSDJ and Audacity, be welcome xD