Russia

"Motorway is my first full chiptune album. Instead of mixing formats, or simply putting together a compilation of songs I've already released, I decided to work on a pack of "new" tracks, with a couple of the old "classics" thrown in there.

I chose to write in the .xm format, and decided to use ModPlug tracker to make these songs; this was the first program I used to make music on a computer, and so I felt like my debut release should naturally be made using this program.

A lot of big changes have happened this year, both in my life and in the world. The biggest one for me was leaving home to go to university. In that respect, I feel like "Motorway" is an appropriate title. Heading towards a new destination.

Thank you's go to C-jeff and Ubiktune, for helping me through this process. Megus for mastering. Jordan for the awesome artwork, Truestar, Virt and noise channel, everyone who gave critique on tracks and previews. The many, many chiptune artists and musicians whose music continuously blows my mind, and anyone who takes the time to try listening to my music"

— Fearofdark.

1. 23rd Century Life
2. Suburban Supernatural
3. Zeta Function
4. Rolling Down The Street, In My Katamari
5. Funknitium-99
6. Fast City
7. An Age Of Planetary Pride
8. Surfing On A Sine Wave
9. Polaris
10. Motorway

Music composed by Fearofdark (Stephen Hemstritch-Johnston)
Production by Megus and C-jeff
Artwork by Jordan Chewning

http://ubiktune.org/releases/ubi055-fearofdark-motorway
http://fearofdark.bandcamp.com/album/motorway

New Orleans, Louisiana

Yesssss! Been waiting for this one! Awesomeeeee~

buffalo, NY

Best sense of melody and coolest chords

Austin, Texas

oh fuck

UK

those harmonies...

Sacramento, Ca

Love the cover art!

Vienna

beautiful compositions. best soundtrack to start university! smile

Canada

Amazing.
Best soundtrack to end university!

Man this is totally kickass. AN ORIGINAL CHIPTUNE FUGUE!? (An Age Of Planetary Pride)....Take my money.

Last edited by Jansaw (Nov 16, 2012 5:56 pm)

Very solid album from what I've heard so far... your level of polish and composition is nice!

ohio gozaimasu

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

ohio gozaimasu
C-jeff wrote:

leaving home to go to university

C-jeff wrote:

this year

Just leave me alone to die

Neo Jersey

this is awesome. you've got a great ear for catchy melodies.

Lexington, KY

Gonna listen to this at work tomorrow.

Montgomery, AL

I Love you for "An Age Of Planetary Pride," which has been playing on my media players and in my head since NoiseChan's listening part on Thursday; a song you had said was about Neil Armstrong but instead draws imagery in my head of my girlfriend and marriage.

I HATE you because you're so damn young and have been able to create top-quality music, which borderlines jealousy to be perfectly honest.  A peanut butter and jealousy sandwich of hatred.

And I Respect you for using OpenMPT to create such beautiful melodies and crispy jams; it sets the bar to where I personally want to push my MPT music and skills toward.

Brunswick, GA USA

Age has nothing to do with anything, it's all about how you spend your time and hone your skill. Good job.

New York

woah...this is absolutely amazing. I'm blown away; fantastic song structure, chords, and technique. Damn!

Last edited by Parallelis (Nov 22, 2012 2:13 am)