Sooooooo,...
I downloaded LSDManager09.jar.

cool Step one: context.
It opened with Nokia Ovi Suite, some bullshit program to transfer pictures from a cellphone.
I did some researching this weekend and found out I didn't have the java programs to unpack .jar files. Unpacking makes .class files. Just as useless.
Meh

cool Step two: I did some lurking first.

Found this thread: http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/7056/ … ng-issues/

stress_tn wrote:

1) You should instal java on your PC. Download it from here http://www.java.com/inc/BrowserRedirect1.jsp?locale=en
2) After instaling JAVA, download LSDMANAGER http://lsdmanager.googlecode.com/files/LSDManager09.jar
3) 2 clicks on LSDMANAGER it should open imidiatelly with out any programms (like exe file)

Made clear that I didn't have to unpack anything.

cool Final step: actual problem.
Now I have to "open with" (or it will still open with nokia ovi suite) and find java.exe in the java folders.
The problem now is that all I get is an empty black msdos-like screen

Did I download the correct java programs in stress_tn's link? Am I opening lsdjmanager with the wrong java files in the folder? Am i doomed by having a 32bit Vista? Somebody understand the msdos-like screen?

Thanks!

Sweeeeeeden

java.exe is the command line version of Java. You probably want javaw.exe which will not open this window. However, this intself will not affect your ability to use the program. You'll just get the command line window as well as the program window. Annoying but not fatal.
Your actual problm is that whichever way you do it, you need to pass the -jar command line switch for it to recognize that you're running a .jar archive.

The "correct" way to solve the problem would be to reinstall Java. But screw that. Let's fix this manually.

Let's say you've now you selected java.exe as the default application for opening .jar files. Now open the registry editor. Go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ Applications\ java,exe\ shell\ open\ command. Double click (default). Now change "(path)\java.exe" "%1" to "(path)\javaw.exe" -jar "%1"
(path) is obviously the path, which you shouldn't touch. Click ok. Now the file should open as intended. Perhaps not the suggested retail maethod, but should work. (Hopefully Vista is not too different from Windows 7 so it will still work.)

Ight, cool. I did that.

Now I'm getting an Error Message.

"Java virtual machine launcher
Could not find the main class: (path)lsdmanager09.jar
Program will exit."

Thanks for taking me one step further big_smile I mean that in a non-sarcastic way, I've had this problem for months, finally I'm making some progress.

Sweeeeeeden

You forgot the -jar part.

I really think I didn't.
Give me a second I'll check.

Maybe typed it wrong or sootin

EDIT: I didn't forget the -jar part. Changing to admin login on pc (derped hard)

Last edited by Jotie (Nov 18, 2012 8:58 pm)

Sweeeeeeden

Ok, show me the full value for that key as it looks now.

you could always just run it in a java sdk like eclipse or blue jay. that's how I use it.

The Wild Wintery North

RAR Frog is a program that I use to extract .rar files. It's free and very easy to use. You don't double click to go into things, but it will open with RAR Frog and extract into a normal folder. Then you can go into. I'm not quite sure what you will need to use it for, and this might not be what you want, but it works for extracting .nds roms and other things. Hope this helps smile

uhajdafdfdfa

a last resort for if you can't learn how to use java is that you could use something like JAR TO EXE: http://sourceforge.net/projects/vjar2exe/

which converts a jar file to an exe (it doesn't compile it to native code or anything, it just runs java for you)

Sweeeeeeden
Goughy wrote:

RAR Frog is a program that I use to extract .rar files. It's free and very easy to use. You don't double click to go into things, but it will open with RAR Frog and extract into a normal folder. Then you can go into. I'm not quite sure what you will need to use it for, and this might not be what you want, but it works for extracting .nds roms and other things. Hope this helps smile

That looks like a horrible program, and it also won't help OP.

It was 2 or 3 at night so I had to stop sweating over it and get some urgent sleep.
Checked it on the admin login on the pc.Works like a charm.

Thanks Nitro! Dude, if you ever make it to Belgium I owe you a dozen of beers!

The Wild Wintery North
nitro2k01 wrote:
Goughy wrote:

That looks like a horrible program, and it also won't help OP.

First off, looks can be deceiving. For basic needs (rom extraction), it's perfect. But as I don't know exactly what is going on, I'm pretty sure it isn't what you want.

Yeah, I don't need to unzip anything.

EDIT: Nevermind, it works.

Nitro, you seriously deserve a medal!! You da man, man.

Last edited by Jotie (Nov 19, 2012 8:24 pm)