Hi guys,

I am interested in buying an EL Backlight panel kit from kitsch bent but they are out of stock, so I was wondering if someone here has one that would like to sale?

Also, I was wondering if anyone of you have installed one of those EL backlight in a gameboy pocket?

Do you know if I install one of those EL backlight panels in a pocket would it look similar than a gameboy light??

Last edited by Retrogamer09 (Nov 10, 2012 6:39 pm)

matt's mind

they work very well in a pocket, i've had people send me emails they've done it but i haven't tried.  looks really similar to a  light

kitsch wrote:

they work very well in a pocket, i've had people send me emails they've done it but i haven't tried.  looks really similar to a  light

Great, I would love to try it!, do you an EL panel available, I do not care if it is not new but I just need that it works, may be you have one laying around in your house/store that you could sell to me.

please let me know!

matt's mind

i'm pretty sure i have one thats been used/tested with, i'll check and get back to you if i find one

i have plenty of panels if you want those, the PCB is the only part i'm short on right now

kitsch wrote:

i'm pretty sure i have one thats been used/tested with, i'll check and get back to you if i find one

i have plenty of panels if you want those, the PCB is the only part i'm short on right now

I am willing to buy the one that is used, I need the complete kit including the PCB because i will need it to install it in the MGB.

Please let me know, may be you could sell me one panel new with all the parts and the PCB from the used one that you have so I have a complete kit from you, I will pay the full price for it of course.

PS: I am the one who bought the DMG battery contacts, we have done business before, you always help me smile

matt's mind

yep, i know precisely who you are,

mwahahaha.  jk.  i do remember though,  i'll check and let you know if i find something!

kitsch wrote:

yep, i know precisely who you are,

mwahahaha.  jk.  i do remember though,  i'll check and let you know if i find something!

Please tell me that you found something...

Did you? wink

ok!

Last edited by Retrogamer09 (Nov 15, 2012 7:45 pm)

The Wild Wintery North

Relax a little. He's either looking or busy. Kitsch will get back to you soon. That's for sure.

Goughy wrote:

Relax a little. He's either looking or busy. Kitsch will get back to you soon. That's for sure.

Yep I know!

Are you his spokesperson? Just curious!

Anyway, Thank you bro!

matt's mind

^ no, he's not, but thanks!

looking AND busy, to be more precise...

i'll let you know (i really will) as soon as i find something.  i've found a few but they were my duds from the last assembly run, so aren't working.

The Wild Wintery North

No I'm not, just on experience with other posts, Kitsch is always there for people so yeah. And ha! Telepathy is working wink

kitsch wrote:

i'll let you know (i really will) as soon as i find something.  i've found a few but they were my duds from the last assembly run, so aren't working.

Thank you for the update, I though you had forgotten about it!

Retrogamer09 wrote:
kitsch wrote:

Thank you for the update, I though you had forgotten about it!

Kitsch one question if you don't mind, I know you are pretty busy but everyday I take a look at this to see if you have news for me but so far I have gotten any, should I continue waiting or should I give up?

I hope you don't think I am pushing you, I just want to set my expectations.

matt's mind

i just haven't found anything.  sorry, i thought i had mentioned to you i'd get up with you if i had news.  which i don't, so thats why silence...

i just haven't found any PCBs around that are working.  if/when i do, i'll let you know for sure

i'll also do another run of PCBs for the shop, so all hope isn't lost.  not like it was a one-off product or anything