Hopefully this is one of those noob questions that can be answered easily.

Ahem, anyways. I Just got my gameboy pocket in the mail and got LSDJ running. The problem is that whenever I add or change notes in the Phrase section, the screen flashes for a brief second making it impossible to see what I'm doing. When this happens, the red power LED turns off momentarily as well. Is this some problem specific to pockets? How could I go about fixing it?

Thanks!

Another observation I forgot to mention is that both the screen and power button turn off when I press start (the music still plays though).

Try to play around with the contrast?

washington

I've had this problem with low batteries on my pocket. It seems more prominent when they're backlit, too. Some of the EMS cartridges don't play nice with gameboy pockets (32m, early versions of 64m) Maybe you could try using a wired power source or something.

Hope this helps, best of luck to you smile

Ugh, this gameboy must be defective. Now it just turns itself off right after the nintendo logo finishes. It's not a problem with the batteries, I loaded it twice with fresh ones. Maybe in a year when my soldering skills improve I could go in a try to fix it.

Shame, it was one of those really cool red ones too...

washington

Sorry for your loss, I've gone through the same thing. Mine was blue, and backlit/prosounded/half-clocked and it was rad as shit.

My pocket is dead and in pieces now, I've stolen everything usable out of it.

I hate to say it, but people use DMGs for a reason. smile

My pocket does the same thing, I stay away from pockets.