kimbersprophet wrote:

i guess i was wrong in my previouse statement but to be ignored must mean im to much of a "noob" to hang out with you guys..... but if i am right, surley you guys (and girls ((if any )) are destroying yourselfs with your rightiousness

(i know i cant spell.... im sexlexic xxxx)

Destroying ourselves?

You'd be quite surprised at the growth the scene has made, at least technically, since it's early days. Socially, it's a double edged sword.

It's only natural for us, a hard working and passionate community, to be displeased with knockoffs that sells themselves on novelty and cheap tricks. We work hard for what we create, we're fucking good at it, and it's worth being prideful.

uhajdafdfdfa
Heosphoros wrote:

We work hard for what we create, I'm fucking good at it, and it's worth being prideful.

ftfy bby x

D D D Detroit, not the burbs
Heosphoros wrote:
kimbersprophet wrote:

i guess i was wrong in my previouse statement but to be ignored must mean im to much of a "noob" to hang out with you guys..... but if i am right, surley you guys (and girls ((if any )) are destroying yourselfs with your rightiousness

(i know i cant spell.... im sexlexic xxxx)

Destroying ourselves?

You'd be quite surprised at the growth the scene has made, at least technically, since it's early days. Socially, it's a double edged sword.

It's only natural for us, a hard working and passionate community, to be displeased with knockoffs that sells themselves on novelty and cheap tricks. We work hard for what we create, we're fucking good at it, and it's worth being prideful.

What i do in the bedroom when no ones around is between me and god.

Edit:  Its not that your a noob and these guys can be a little e-braisive(lol) at times but the only way to get your respek is to not care.  Also were not destroying ourselves, the chip community has been at the apex of witch burning tactics.  If anything it seemed like people were still down to burn but maybe not like those foolio rappers that escalated like crazy.

Last edited by DJCactus (Nov 19, 2012 9:05 pm)

Westfield, NJ

have you heard of this new genre where dudes make music using the hardware limitations of old naval vessels from world war 2 it's called shiptune they have a web site for shiptunes it's called pearl harbor collective

lol

Sweden

Somewhat related to shiptune, I went to visit a friend's family and his dad CDs of hot bulb engine recordings. Yes, there is such a thing as a hot bulb engine sound appreciation community (they even had club meetings), and if you listen to it you can sort of see why.

montreal, qc

suddenly i just want to listen to old pan sonic albums.

Chicago IL, USA

this thing sucks but it's not like it will become some mainstream tool. youtube already has basically every song in "8-Bit" so there will just be more of that shit. let them be, and let misguided nostalgia whores eat it up and think it's the coolest thing ever while we sit in our dark corners and brood. it's what we were meant to do.

Last edited by SadPanda (Nov 20, 2012 5:47 am)

D D D Detroit, not the burbs
SadPanda wrote:

this thing sucks but it's not like it will become some mainstream tool. youtube already has basically every song in "8-Bit" so there will just be more of that shit. let them be, and let misguided nostalgia whores eat it up and think it's the coolest thing ever while we sit in our dark corners and brood. it's what we were meant to do.

hey i can be a totally misguided nostalgia whore but i'm pretty sure i know "the roots of chip" as much as anyone really cares to.

mainz, grmny.

Sorry tl;dr.
I'm busy chiptuning.

Fargo

I don't really care because people who look for the easy way out are never as good.  I heard the samples.  I would be embarrassed to call that something I made.  This is about as useful as an autotune app on my smartphone.  It's novelty, at best.  Let them have their weak covers.

babylon
evolver wrote:

Note: This article was updated to include the fact that some people create original chiptunes, which is great.

see its fixed guys. great job!

The actual project is pretty funny and clever and clearly not meant as a serious way to automatically make no-effort chiptunes and the results sound kind of interesting/weird if not 'good' so dunno why you guys are hating on it just because some blog gave it a slightly clueless writeup? :-S

A gray world of dread
boomlinde wrote:

hot bulb engine sound appreciation community

Steampunk 909

But yeah, after watching a few vids on youtube, I can see why.

Freiburg, Germany

This just in: Writers everywhere are shaking in their boots because of the latest advances in OCR software.

Florianópolis-SC, Brasil
Jansaw wrote:

"have you heard of this new genre where dudes make music using the hardware limitations of old naval vessels from world war 2 it's called shiptune they have a web site for shiptunes it's called pearl harbor collective"

Best comment.

I was going to say exactly the same.

lolusa

the shiptune comment was really funny guys