Hi guys! This is my first post and my first upload. It's great to have a place like this
to share music, ideas, experiences... After reading about Lsdj and watching some tutorials I decided
it was time to make something. Please listen to the tune if you have a chance and tell me what you think.
Here you have the link

http://soundcloud.com/shomera-productio … oy/s-C117z

Looking forward for your feedback. Thanks

Boston, MA

Mmm tasty seventh chords. Not bad at all for a first LSDJ track, sine bass is nice and round and the arps are tastefully handled. If I were you, I'd try and familiarize yourself a little bit with tables, since your track sounds like it makes fairly minimal usage of them. (Which is totally okay for a first LSDJ song; mine had maybe 4 tables max? haha.) Search around for some .sav files and check out how other artists use tables to get varying arps and lush instruments. Tables are LSDJ's strongest and most useful sound-design tool, if you ask me.

Other than that, I'd just try and change up the pace a little bit more, particularly in songs like this which are longer than 4 minutes. There were a few spots where the energy increased, and could have increased more, but instead returned to the initial level; maybe that's what you were going for, but a little variety of pace couldn't hurt!

All in all, definitely a great start! I look forward to more smile

Last edited by Soleviio (Nov 19, 2012 7:24 pm)

Hi Soleviio! Thanks for the great feedback. Yeah you are right I didn't use too many tables this time smile
I will remember all of this for my next tune and chiptunes in general. Talk to you soon

DC

I DIG.