my mom's basement
dubmood wrote:

Legalizing weed in the state of Washington will clearly help the indie music community to flourish.

That explains all those damn hippies running all over my lawn with their "reefer madness."
But seriously. I'd move there. For the uh... the uh... space tower? There's something about a tower there right? And the uh... sports? Yeah sports and stuff! Not for weed...not at all. wink

Marseille

uhajdafdfdfa

have any of you ever done a chip gig in   CAFE NERVOSA?

Seattle, WA US
dubmood wrote:

Legalizing weed in the state of Washington will clearly help the indie music community to flourish.

I'm pretty sure the legalization of weed isn't gonna make much a difference in the lives of us indie musicians wink

matt's mind
ant1 wrote:

have any of you ever done a chip gig in   CAFE NERVOSA?

i love you so much, thank you for this

washington

boaconstructor is spot on. washington is great.

Seattle, WA US
brightwhitelightning wrote:

Come on over guys.

okay scott brt

@Kitsh:
OR/WA have their fair share of high-cost of living areas. If you're into a tight knit community away from the strikingly expensive city, yet still close to those cities, Bellingham, WA is a great place to live, good community (can't speak for the chip scene, if it exists) and good music scene. In OR, Eugene and Hood River provide similar experiences if you drum them up for yourself.

Seattle, WA US
8bitDAD wrote:

@Kitsh:
OR/WA have their fair share of high-cost of living areas. If you're into a tight knit community away from the strikingly expensive city, yet still close to those cities, Bellingham, WA is a great place to live, good community (can't speak for the chip scene, if it exists) and good music scene. In OR, Eugene and Hood River provide similar experiences if you drum them up for yourself.

No 8bit scene in Bham

Tacoma WA

I'm going to say come to tacoma. quick drive to seattle and a lot cheaper.

plus we have dorkies barcade

Seattle, WA US
infradead wrote:

I thought it closed??

Westfield, NJ
boaconstructor wrote:
brightwhitelightning wrote:

Come on over guys.

okay scott brt

Spookane, Warshington

The chiptune scene in Spokane is almost non-existent... As far as I know, there are only a few people here that write music (Kremland and myself). There are absolutely no chiptune shows, but the music scene is starting to grow a little with bands like Terrible Buttons, NUDE POP, The Cyprus Experiment, and more. I've lived here my entire life and I love it here. You get to experience all four seasons (unfortunately Spring and Fall mostly belong to Winter) and it is much prettier than other places east of the Cascades. I would like to eventually head over to Seattle, though, for the music scene and better job opportunities (Spokane is #1 for "Worst Employment Outlook" in the country). Seattle is much more exciting than Spokane... so unless you know people here, Seattle is probably a better choice. I love that so many people are looking into moving to Washington! Everyone is welcome!

I went to school with Kent from TB, they just opened for Cursive. Pretty dope. Someone mentioned spokompton earlier and it made me curious for the chipscene there, if there was one.

Tacoma WA
boaconstructor wrote:
infradead wrote:

I thought it closed??

Nope still open. I heard on Facebook they're looking to expand with a new location

Spookane, Warshington
8bitDAD wrote:

I went to school with Kent from TB, they just opened for Cursive. Pretty dope. Someone mentioned spokompton earlier and it made me curious for the chipscene there, if there was one.

I love Kent. All of those guys and gals from TB. Kremland and I are wanting to start something here in Spokane, but I don't think people will be too interested. Anyway, I'm still trying to get enough material to last a full set and then we will start looking for other people to play a show with. There are a few electronic bands (influenced by videogames) around, but no chipmusicians besides us. We made it over to Seattle for the first X Bit show, which was fun.