São Paulo, Brazil

Hi you all,

Now that I updated my arduinoboy for sending midi from lsdj, I was thinking it would be cool to control a groovebox. I got a friend from the UK coming to Brazil next week and I thought of buying something at ebay.uk and asking him to bring it to me.

I'm really looking for something not very expensive and not huge. More of a compact device to fit my case.

I know I'm being somewhat vague here, but I really don't know much about drummachines. So far, I only used samples of those beasts.

Thanks!

EDIT: what would you tell me about this? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-QY70-S … 35c1b36d86

Last edited by PULSELOOPER (Nov 22, 2012 11:10 am)

Nottingham, UK

All you need to know about the QY70
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sd6OAYU … re=related

I don't know how you like your drum machines, but the TR505 is basically a slightly shittier 707 and goes for effectively shit all in the UK. Like £30-50. Good fun if you don't mind some cheese. EDIT: although I guess it doesn't really fit the compact criteria...

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Nov 22, 2012 11:20 am)

São Paulo, Brazil
ForaBrokenEarth wrote:

I don't know how you like your drum machines, but the TR505 is basically a slightly shittier 707 and goes for effectively shit all in the UK. Like £30-50. Good fun if you don't mind some cheese.

I believe you're talking about flea markets and garage sales. I know and I really like the 505 sounds, but they're way expensiver than that @ ebayUK.

uhajdafdfdfa

i had a qy-20, it is cool. (almost) gm sounds (it isn't fully gm compatible) + a few extra drum kits including 808 and 909-ish sounds

i guess the qy-70 is even cooler. they are a lot of fun to program on their own so you might end up not using that arduinoboy as much as you expected. or you could do it in reverse and control the gameboy with the qy

hope this helped

Czech republic

Do you want to midi sync the drum machine's own sequencer or trigger the sound with LSDJ midi-out mode?
I got my 505 on ebay for $20 something but I guess I found a good deal. You can mod with separate outputs, individual drum pitch control and volume control etc. It's fun.
QY series seems to be pretty cool and portable and has way more then only drum machine. Was thinking about getting QY20 or QY10 myself - these should be pretty cheap.
Zoom MRT-3 is very compact but I don't know much about the interface / sequencer or even the sounds.

São Paulo, Brazil
ashimoke wrote:

I got my 505 on ebay for $20 something but I guess I found a good deal. You can mod with separate outputs, individual drum pitch

That was a PRETTY good deal. The cheaper one at ebay nowadays is $190.

I just found a guy in Brazil who'll trade a CR-1000 (http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tDnhvhgrUiE/T … 150897.jpg) for some old gear I don't use anymore. It has some good sounds and accepts midi clock and note, so I'm good with that. Thank you all for your help!

Czech republic

Not very portable but you don't have to spend cash which is always fine. Enjoy that Roland!

I just checked sold 505s on uk ebay and the go for £40-60.