CHIPTUNE

We performed this in Stuttgart a few weeks back. It's a, uhm, musical with C64-dub, c64 petscii graphics, Renoise-jazz, party, despair, etcetera.

I gave some songs to Uwe Schenk, he rearranged them for his band, and then Raquel Meyers made an animated story with text graphics. Then we performed it live infront of an audience. And I destroyed the songs again. Simple as that!

More info: http://goto80.com/blog/the-ferret-show- … chenk-band

Really cool hearing the tonality of the tenor sax with the C64, definitely some chill stuff.

Rhode Island

I agree with bitman here. That sax sounded great with the C64

NC in the US of America

I've always thought C64+Sax went well together. Alot of C64 music uses sax like instruments to begin with.

Good stuff.

England

i think i'd prefer to comment on the
Is chipmusic not executed seriously?
thread
but
it got closed sad

Yes, this.  Letting the music speak for itself in a live environment without the hardware focus. Great work.

Brunswick, GA USA
Jellica wrote:

i think i'd prefer to comment on the
Is chipmusic not executed seriously?
thread
but
it got closed sad

This should be attached to the "musings on a train" thread.

More seriously, though, if there is a direction I want to see chipmusic go, it's this one. It isn't even a new direction, it reminds me of Tree Wave, with a feeling of "we have this stuff, let's see how we can perform with it."

Madriz, Supain

This is so awesome we dont even need to add polemic to it.

CHIPTUNE

Thanks! It was a great experience. There was an interview before the show with the question "Why do you use old computers?" which I answered with "Why do you use new computers?".

We've come a long way, babies!

Brunswick, GA USA
goto80 wrote:

"Why do you use new computers?"

Merci, must remember that answer and figure out why my Swype keyboard keeps changing top French.

CHIPTUNE

Top french shouldn't be touched

vancouver, canada

truly excellent work from all involved! 

i really think that live performances should incorporate more of the live tracker interface in the visuals wherever possible.  it helps the audience experience the music visually, via the scrolling note data - and it gives the audience more of an insight into the musician's songwriting process.

Milwaukee, WI

Excellent!  Really gets groovin' there in the middle.  Love the plucky sounds.

Murcia, Spain
goto80 wrote:

There was an interview before the show with the question "Why do you use old computers?" which I answered with "Why do you use new computers?".

Epic.
Never thought chipmusic could be mixed in this way. Beautiful.

UK

Lol "Why do you use new computers?" .

I thought this was a really interesting project. Nice musical and visuals, especially the combination of real and electronic instrument they worked well together in this piece.

Unsubscribe

Dvd release of this please.