Any links to get a synthcart ROM?

Jolly wrote:

Any links to get a synthcart ROM?

http://www.qotile.net/synth.html
Over there.

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

I've been mess'n with A2600 for a while. There are a few points that limit the platform, CPU and memory. The sound system is very primitive, so with the limited resources a full on tracker cart is just 'not happenin'
  Synthcart and/or Loopcart is about the best you will find for real time play, just up against the limits of the system.
On a real A2600 your best bet is the Synthcart and Highly Liquid's Midi interface (which is open sourced now for the DIYer out there). Do the sequencing on a PC or whatever linked to the A2600 for live play.
Much Fun, Yogi

ad-hell-aide
Theta_Frost wrote:

Also, little-scale's MIDI interface!  Where 'dat at?

When I have time (hopefully soon) I will write a comprehensive how-to article, and make the code, instructions etc available for free and open.

Milwaukee, WI
little-scale wrote:
Theta_Frost wrote:

Also, little-scale's MIDI interface!  Where 'dat at?

When I have time (hopefully soon) I will write a comprehensive how-to article, and make the code, instructions etc available for free and open.

Wonderful!  Thank you so much.

ad-hell-aide

Not a problem. ETA is early December. Sorry about the wait!

Australia

Hey!  I stopped work on my software because I hit a brick wall with memory and needed to start over with a new routine for bank switching, etc.  A friend of mine wrote a new routine for playback which is way more advanced than Paul's but had a motorbike accident and never finished it :-/   I met up with an amazing coder in Germany at Evoke who has got a simlar and I gave him my infrustructer - so we'll see where it goes.

As pointed above, you will probably not see a sequencer with the 128 bytes of RAM the 2600 has!  Unless it's some kind of special custom cart.  That's why I took the make it on PC and translate it to code approach.

If you talk to anyone who has the cTrix USB key, they will be able to get you the software and video files that take you though how to use it.

As a few people have said - the Atari 2600 is basically Atonal and making music for it a bit of a joke really, but it's quite fun.  I think little-scales use of samples though the chips is amazing balls though.  That shit sounds rad!!

C

ad-hell-aide

I LOVE the sound of using the TIA as a DAC... sounds really chunky but still quite clear big_smile

i have seen a video about the GATARi but havent see any trackers hmm

i have seen a video about the GATARi but havent see any trackers hmm