Easton, PA, USA

Proud owner of a shiny new nanoloop midi usb adaptor. After figuring out how to get it running I put managed to get shitwave and nanovoice on their just fine. Saving banks and sending them is an issue though. It sent 8k before I get an error message from windows which shuts the program off. Upon uploading the last the noise saves of the bank are missing (B,C,D,E,F). With a different bank, it only saved 4k which turned out to be only the r and l channel. I tried multiple cables. The DMG will shut the program, but the pocket works. Roms load just fine, have not tried updating nanoloop to the scrolling logo. Anyone else have this issue?

Genoa-Italy

I have the usb-midi adaptor too but I don't know how to use it, any help is welcome!

There is a new version of the Windows software that hopefully solves these issues:

http://www.nanoloop.com/midi/nlmidi_04_win.zip

It turned out that the last version sent data too fast on some systems, resulting in incomplete banks received in nanoloop 1.6. There was another bug, resulting in occasional crashes, too.

The archive also contains some batch files that open a cmd window and can set the adaptor to sync mode just with a double-click.

Last edited by oliver (Nov 18, 2012 5:03 pm)

Easton, PA, USA

Problem solved! Thing saves like butter. Pase, download nlmidi 04 read http://www.nanoloop.de/midi/one.html and use the batch files.

Genoa-Italy

I will try, thanks!

Genoa-Italy

Nothing, when I click the "command" file appear a command line window that never stop to scroll down and I can't do anything. This doesn't appear when I double click the "MIDI" or "SYNC" files. But I cannot test 'cause I haven't got musical software that send midi. So I tried to manually open a command line window and transport the "nlmidi04.exe" application on it and press "Enter". After this it appears the available commands (sending,receive...) then I type "nlmidi04 -receive blablabla.nl1" but the program don't recognize this order.
???
I purchase this thing only to save my banks and for the extra space on nanoloop one cart. Maybe the problem it's windows 7's compatibility?
Help please!

IL, US

Run it in a command prompt window instead of double-clicking, there's no GUI

uhajdafdfdfa

when you drag the nlmidi.exe onto the command line, instead of pressing enter, type what you wanted to type after it

so it will say "C:\blah\blah\nlmidi04.exe -receive blablabla.nl" with the blah and the blah replaced with whatever was there when you dragged it onto the command line as you were already doing

i hope this helps

edit:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14990225/nlmidi.png

i don't have the nl cart connected but that is what you should do

Last edited by ant1 (Nov 20, 2012 6:04 pm)

IL, US

Oh wow yeah, looks like you left out the .exe off nlmidi04 on the command line attempt

uhajdafdfdfa

you can do that on windows i believe,

i think the problem is that he is typing DOS/cmd commands into the interface of nlmidi after starting that program, ratehr than putting them straight into cmd

Either that or the command line is in a different directory.

However, the command.bat just contains "command" which seems not to work under Windows 7. To open a command line in the right directory, edit command.bat (right-click and open with notepad) to

cd /d %~dp0
cmd.exe

I'll update the archive with a new .bat file.

uhajdafdfdfa

command is the 16 bit command interpreter and thus not available on windows 64-bit editions. cmd is the 32/64 bit version in windows NT

Genoa-Italy

First of all thanks to all of you for your answers.
After this the new problem: now the program seems to work in the computer, but I cannot use the adaptor's functions. When I tried to load an extra rom on nanoloop one cart at the end of the procedure a "?"  appear under the rhomb and nothing else. I tried to load different roms with the same result. Then I try to send a bank  to the pc and it seems to work fine, but I cannot test the reverse operation 'cause my 1.6 cart is full. So I tried this operation with nl2.5 cart: when I send a bank to the pc it's seems ok, and when i try to load the same bank from the pc to another nl2.5 cart's bank the result is the writings "E7 00" on the lower right corner of the gameboy screen and nothing loaded in the bank...
So,some progress but still no happy ending...

Last edited by Pase (Nov 21, 2012 6:13 pm)

Genoa-Italy

Nothing?

Easton, PA, USA

when I had a similar non booting issue oliver gave me this advice and it worked. that should take you back to the beginning and all your banks will be fine.
> To return to the original version, please erase the update: When the rhomb logo shows up, keep SELECT pressed and then START, so that the "n" appears below the rhomb and restart the Game Boy.
>
> The freeze while saving can happen after an incomplete data transfer. You can force nanoloop to re-sort data by keeping START pressed on startup until two numbers appear below the "nanoloop" logo. The numbers should count up quickly and after a few seconds, the sequencer should appear.
>