i used famitracker, and i liked it but, i use logic on my mac and i wanted to do something with midi
wanted to see what you guys think smile

Chicago IL

I guess good luck with getting a copy of midines

Melbourne, Australia

There's also FaMI:

http://code.google.com/p/nesserial/wiki/FaMI

São Paulo, Brazil

instead of hating yourself for spending money in something that will take forever to get to you (that is, if it ever reaches you), buy Plogue's Chipsounds. It has great NES (and lots of other sound chips) emulations and will be your MIDI devices best friend.

Thanks

PULSELOOPER wrote:

instead of hating yourself for spending money in something that will take forever to get to you (that is, if it ever reaches you), buy Plogue's Chipsounds. It has great NES (and lots of other sound chips) emulations and will be your MIDI devices best friend.

Yhea, I saw a review on it. It never came to the guy hmm

IL, US

chipsounds is a better choice for anyone not already writing in midines... seems more flexible, its way easier to get, cheaper and sounds pretty damn good..

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

I never got the Midines I ordered in '08, so be warned, Chris is very flaky! There are complaints all over the net about him. If you can find one on Ebay well go for it. But to me I don't want yo encourage that guy at all. I got off on a rant in another thread about him, he had posted about his plans for a 2.0. I didn't find the post till after 6 mo, so I don't know if he will ever see it, but I just saw RED seeing his words.
There is another project that's just starting to bear fruit, Chip Maestro. as well as NESserial that's a little more DIY.
Best of luck

Toronto, Canada

Famitracker does have MIDI support, though it can't do a whole lot, just good for entering notes on one channel.

After everything that's been said about it, I wouldn't risk anything on MIDINES, personally.

I've been considering routing MIDI to my NES via the USB CopyNES I have installed, but I still have other projects on my plate, so I don't know if I'll ever get around to that.

rochester, ny

if you just want to play back songs, famitracker is better. a lot of the really "chip" sounds, like arps and pwm, are very difficult to do in midi software.

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

"I've been considering routing MIDI to my NES via the USB CopyNES I have installed"
Thats an interesting  idea, but along that same line 'that exp port project' (can't recall at the moment) seems like it should open up alot more; midi over ethernet maybe?
EDIT: ENIO is the Expo Port project, way cool!

Last edited by yogi (Nov 24, 2012 7:20 pm)