Madriz, Supain

What the title says.

I got a ps2-dmg cable and when i plug it into the dmg on with lsdj 3.9 loaded and all, it just switches off the screen (altho the led keeps on).

¿Is there something im doing wrong?

I can post a video if that would help

thanks in advance bros and guise

Chicago

Interesting, video would help diagnosis.

Sounds like a short somewhere... Is it a homemade cable?
Does it work if you connect the cable first and then turn on the gameboy?

Madriz, Supain

Uploading to vimeo

Sweeeeeeden

Yeah, sounds like either a short, unless your batteries are low which might cause this as well.

Madriz, Supain

Its converting https://vimeo.com/54293003 .

Dont laugh at my awful english

Sweeeeeeden

So, the keyboards lights don't even blink when you plug the keyboard in? You've probably swapped two or more of the wires.

Madriz, Supain

They blink when I switch it but thats it.

I didnt made the cable, I dont have those skills.

If they blink, there's no short between power and ground, and the fact that the first one worked pretty much confirms the batteries are too low with the second one.

Did you not "sync" to keyboard? Also, what screen are you pressing keys on?

Madriz, Supain

I KNEW I WAS DUMB.

Yeah, I wasnt in sync with it. Now that I did it shows some numbers on the phrase screen when I press f1f2f3f4, but I get no sound... because I dont know what the hell Im doing. Ima hit a tutorial or something

LOL

Thanks guise

Chicago
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

but I get no sound... because I dont know what the hell Im doing. Ima hit a tutorial or something

Practically the lsdj keyboard bible: http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/7615/ … ch-thread/

Glad to see your problem was resolved. If you have any questions or anything feel free to pm me.

Madriz, Supain

Thanks mate. I got to make it sound reading that thread, and its absolutely great.

Last edited by SuperBustySamuraiMonkey (Nov 26, 2012 8:45 pm)