Freiburg, Germany
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

potatoes and sweet potatoes

but which is which?

Canada
ant1 wrote:

here is my ranking of chiptones

{toad vst, peach vst} < {gameboy, magical 8 bit plugin vst} < {atari pokey, atari ST} < {nes, atari 2600, amiga} < {sid, mega drive, opl3, pc-engine} < {spectrum 128k, bbc micro, opl2, pc speaker} < IMPULSE TRACKER

This is a fair list! But I'd put in plogue chipsounds somewhere with gameboy and magical 8bit.

Last edited by Jansaw (Nov 26, 2012 6:35 pm)

meanwhile...

No good will come of this.

uhajdafdfdfa
Jansaw wrote:
ant1 wrote:

here is my ranking of chiptones

{toad vst, peach vst} < {gameboy, magical 8 bit plugin vst} < {atari pokey, atari ST} < {nes, atari 2600, amiga} < {sid, mega drive, opl3, pc-engine} < {spectrum 128k, bbc micro, opl2, pc speaker} < IMPULSE TRACKER

This is a fair list! But I'd put in plogue chipsounds somewhere with gameboy and magical 8bit.

never heard it! the consensus seems to be that it is way better than magical 8 bit plugin though!

chipsounds does a whole range of stuff though, if you emulate gb or atari on it i don't suppose it is going to sound any better than gb or atari do... so it might be hard to place in this kind of list? dunno

Brazil
lastfuture wrote:
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

potatoes and sweet potatoes

but which is which?

I dunno, which one you like the most?

los angeles

god fucking damnit

can you please change the title of this thread to 2a03 vs. z80 thanks

TSSBAY01

i think mouse trap is the best sounding board game, after that i'd vote hungry hungry hippos

uhajdafdfdfa
token wrote:

can you please change the title of this thread to 2a03 vs. z80 thanks

1) that is  needlessly pedantic

2) i think that is actually a worse title since the gb doesn't have a z80 in it and a z80 sounds like this:

also "2a03 vs. z80" could be talking about anything other than sound whereas "game boy sounds vs. nes sounds" is pretty clear

Jolly wrote:

Which sounds in songs do you like more? For me, it's a tie. I like the NES sounds because they give me more of the retro-vibe, and I like the GB sounds because they're more chippy. So... which one do you like more?

Jolly wrote:

... more chippy.

England

agent x soundtrack is amazing. i love those fuzzy chords.

i like the GB sounds because of the clicking when you use volume envelopes and panning.

my favorite sound chip is is still the SID though really.

sorry for rustling ur feathers big boy