New York City

I've got another C64C, with its 8580 SID intact and working perfectly, up for sale for you guys to grab.
I thought I'd offer it here on a custom spec done to your convenience.

What do I mean with this? I'll modify it with certain things to make your life easier, for a fee of course. You choose what you want on it and how you want it. Like a Burger King meal, like a Ryanair flight, only ten times better!  tongue
This doesn't include any sort of cosmetic modification though. I am not interested in making such superficial modifications, only hardware mods.

The basic machine comes in its box, a beautiful C64 box in very good state. The machine itself is not very yellowed.
The computer comes with its power supply and ready to get plugged and go.
This basic system price is 35GBP

I also have a datasette if you feel like being a masochist and waiting 3 hours for software to load and data to save. It's boxed and in perfect cosmetic and working condition, tested. Add 10GBP to above and it's yours.

I also got a joystick. You may need that for games and MSSIAH. You want it? Add 5GBP and it goes your way too.

Just look at all this beautiness:

Now, these are the extra things you can have in your very own C64:

- Audio out plugs (split-mono dual RCAs, 1/4" mono phono jack, 1/8" split-mono minijack, etc) - Add 10GBP
- Composite video out (replaces RF modulator. Who uses RF these days anyway?) - Add 10GBP
- S-Video plug (for best quality video out of a C64, ever) - Add 15 GBP
- Audio noise reduction (simple method, as it works best with MSSIAH) - Add 10GBP
- 4 or 2 potentiometer setup for Prophet 64/MSSIAH. - Add 15 GBP for 2, 20GBP for 4
- Reset switch (machine only or also for machine + serial devices) - Add 10GBP

So if you are not the DIY type, clumsy as fuck with a soldering iron or power tools, lazy or just likes convenience, take advantage of this offer and get a ready-to-rock machine delivered to your door, piping hot.

Here are some pics of my own machine to which I applied A/V mods and audio reduction, so you can judge for yourself the quality of the modification:

Audio reduction switch.I am not offering this switch mod because it could make people blow up their SIDs real easy.

A/V mods at a glance.

Revamped RF output into Composite video.

Split-mono audio RCAs and S-Video plug. Now that video port with its weird cable can be sealed away.

Any questions, just shoot me an email at******** Any message sent to my inbox in this site will probably be unwillingly ignored so please use email.

I'd ship anywhere in Europe however keep in mind such charges are RIDICULOUS. Think about 55 GBP alone to ship the machine + joystick + datasette.
Shipping to the US would prove even more of a bitch, but up to you.
Payment is to be done by PAYPAL via GIFT method or as GOODS with fees on your expense.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Jan 24, 2017 8:27 pm)

Turku, FIN

But, no money sad

New York City

Maybe this is the wrong forum for such a fantastic machine, it doens't have enough shitty pulse waveforms big_smile

Last edited by akira^8GB (Nov 30, 2012 3:37 pm)

Liverpool, UK

I have used Akira^8GB for modding services before, excellent quality, quick service, 10/10 would use again.

› Show Spoiler

Planet Zaxxon

This is super sweet town. Can you just move to NYC permanently already?!?!?!?

Canada

aw man... this is so pretty:(
I feel like I'm too beginner to own this.

Slovakia / European Union

Akira I have same 3 x C64 II but withouth SIDs (I needed them for HARDSID USB).
I can sell them for low price. So you can add SIDs and tunning them...

New York City

Tinctu: No, I am not interested in purchasing. I want to sell this. Thanks though, I guess.
Everyone: stop drooling and get buying. Your best chance to have your very own C64C customized to yoru use by someone who knows what's best for music big_smile

Last edited by akira^8GB (Dec 2, 2012 5:22 pm)

England
akira^8GB wrote:

Your best chance to have your very own C64C customized to yoru use by someone who knows what's best for music big_smile

Who's that, then?

tongue

England

if you cover up the commodore thing and change it to nintendo 64 personal computer then people will be more interested.

Jellica wrote:

if you cover up the commodore thing and change it to nintendo 64 personal computer then people will be more interested.

well it's already been prosounded.

New York City
InactiveX wrote:
akira^8GB wrote:

Your best chance to have your very own C64C customized to yoru use by someone who knows what's best for music big_smile

Who's that, then?

Obviously Timbaland.

New York City

Bump.
You derps really don't want it do you? If no interest expressed, I'll mod the hell out of whatever way I want and put it on eBay.

akira^8GB wrote:

Bump.
You derps really don't want it do you? If no interest expressed, I'll mod the hell out of whatever way I want and put it on eBay.

edit : actually have you tried posting on csdb?  might be somebody there at least.

Last edited by 4mat (Dec 7, 2012 1:29 pm)

New York City

Nah, most of the people there would probably mod it themselves, if they are arsed to. They are either hackers or purists, nothing in between.
So it goes on teh bays. Buh-bye cm.o!

Austin, TX
akira^8GB wrote:

And here is an old one I never finished, which had pots on it:

If you've still got this one, you really should finish it! I've seen modded c64's like this one (but without the nice paint job) sell on eBay for $400+.