Minneapolis

To the people of chipmusic.org, 8bc, and everyone else,

I am writing to you in regards to the Munchausen project, which I am afraid has become somewhat of a debacle by now. Because of circumstances outside of my control I do not believe I will be able to continue the project from this point in any kind of meaningful way. I am not much of a programmer, and much of Blargg's work is completely inscrutable to me, and since I lost contact with him I have been unable to really continue the project.

Besides that, some of the information and documentation I had been compiling was lost with a hard drive head crash around a month ago. I still have the working Linux driver software in both source code and compiled form and the working prototypes, but the original hex files for the AT Flash chip are lost. I would just need to read out the data from the chips in the working prototypes to recover that. The wiring diagrams would need to be reconstructed from the prototypes as well.

Unfortunately I really do not feel I have the time or the comptence to achieve this on any kind of timetable. I sincerely apologize for my lack of communication in this matter, and I intend to issue full refunds to everyone who so generously contributed to the project. I cannot in good conscience continue to think that I will be able to complete this project. Nick Meynard has already received his refund as of this writing. I have noted that some of the original contributers have changed their paypal info, so I would ask that people seeking refunds please contact me at my new email address, arfink (at) sdf.org

If there is anyone in the community who feels that they would like to adopt this project and do it proper justice, I will send you not only all the relevant data I have, but the actual prototypes and components themselves. I have learned I simply cannot promise anything in regards to this project due to my present circumstances, and I know how much all of you were looking forward to seeing this completed. A thousand apologies.

Finally, I wish to once again thank everyone who was involved with this project. Despite this unhappy outcome, I am thankful for the lessons I have learned and for the friendship and encouragement I received from all of you. I only wish I had an adequate way of repaying it.

Sincerely,

Anthony Fink (arfink)

matt's mind

hey, thanks for addressing this!

e-mailing right now wink

Cleveland, OH
kitsch wrote:

e-mailing right now wink

Love the sound of this smile

Matthew Joseph Payne

If only every troubled chiptune hardware project ended this way. Kudos Anthony!

Minneapolis
kineticturtle wrote:

If only every troubled chiptune hardware project ended this way. Kudos Anthony!

I definitely wanted to avoid a MidiNES outcome. Hopefully this will help.

I think at this point the most likely recipient of the prototypes will be Kitsch.

United Kingdom

Kitsch is the man for the job! Unless other modders/electronics worksman are up for the challenge?

arfink good on yourself for admitting the project was overwhelming due to circumstances, a lot of people forget that communication is key within any business. smile

Abandoned on Fire

+1 arfink, would believe in again

Brunswick, GA USA

Good to see that arfink is well and safe

x|k   boooooooooooooooo!!!!,    arfink   Hooraaaaaaay!!!!

SLC, UT

I just wish I could help make this happen.

Minneapolis

Once Kitch has the prototypes and can help reverse engineer some of the remaining puzzles I suspect he will just release it all open-source so that anyone can build their own. That would probably be the best possible outcome.

Lafayette

80sFreak
"And price let's say about $45-50? I think it's possible, if someone will take care of boot loader and labels, i can do hardware part. Not sure about cables - i have real RS-232 on my laptop and keep that way, but others.

Also might need TSOP->DIP adapter for PRG ROM and USB->RS-232 cables...
When we will sort out software part, i can take preorders. At moment i am ready to make about 15 carts.

And please, if someone here registered on chiptunes, cross-post this info there.

WARNING!!! Without more modifications flashcart will not hold more than 1game saves - need mapper for WRAM to keep separate banks for different games."

80sFreak from FamicomWorld, plans on releasing the Famicom version of the flash cart.

FUCK YOU

You guys gave money to a guy named A. FINK for a project named after the condition where you fake illness to get attention?

Are you new?

Thanks for reposting. Fell free to ask questions.

It would have been nice if you had taken the time to email the people who paid you for a cartridge, Not all of us are active users of a forum and even if we were it is easy to miss a thread. I am going to guess that you will not see this post anyways

D- Would not buy from again