Lexington, KY

I can't seem to get the kicks that I really want in famitracker.

So, I've read that a wav file can be imported into fami using the dcpm instrument editor by pressing "import" and adjusting your settings.
For some reason, though, my sound always gets imported almost like white noise! I'm not really sure why. As an example, here's the specific sound I was trying to get: http://free-loops.com/704-free-akai-mpc-sample.html

If someone could provide assistance or steal Chibi-Tech's kick... that'd be swell. wink

Riverside, CA

Layer a DPCM kick for punch + tri kick for deep umph
Maybe?

Brunswick, GA USA

Sometime much better than I at dpcm explained that it works best on a waveform that keeps moving. It only has 16 possible positions iirc so finding the right volume and frequency for your sample takes tons of patience... Good luck and I hope someone with more skill chimes in.

Neo Jersey

the samples have to be very short to sound decent. try chopping it up a little in any sound editing program first to take off any silence before and after the sample.

make sure your sample format is an uncompressed .wav / pcm . also it's best to leave the import settings as they are.

famitrackers target frequency is 33143.9 Hz

you can actually adjust all of these settings with the edison plugin for fl studio, if you have it i will explain further

Seattle, WA

Have you tried RJDMC?

The Silph Scope wrote:

Layer a DPCM kick for punch + tri kick for deep umph
Maybe?

This with a ZXX command on the Kick to add a bit of snap.