rochester, ny
little-scale wrote:

Downstate, somewhat ironically, the questions that the original poster is asking are very well documented on the net and don't need to be asked on a chip forum!

yeah, but that would require using google.

Chicago, IL
Downstate wrote:

might be a silly question, but arent you supposed to learn how to do this in midi class ?

This post really has done a number on me. After I read this, I seriously had to take a step back to think of what I've learned at this school for audio production. All I've really learned is to find the resources myself to crunch last minute projects for classes that weren't actually taught to the class. I'm paying an awfully large amount to attend this school, and I am reading from 7 or 8 instructables, tutorials, blogs, etc. that are on the internet for free. I will most likely switch majors in the near future. Thanks Downstate. I bump your mixtape a lot.

Canada

There are very few schools in one's area that care more about actually teaching/satisfying their students' intellectual needs. Most of 'em just wanna get by with the money they can earn.

Good luck on this project and on your future education.

shanghai

sorry man, wasnt trying to be a dick.........but education is the biggest rip off business going. especially in niche sectors, atleast know with the internet and nerd forums like this the information is as you say available for free to all if you can be motivated to search, you can pretty much work out how to get anything accomplished.

shanghai

my punctuation. jesus. and im an english teacher ? seriously

Czech republic
Downstate wrote:

my punctuation. jesus. and im an english teacher? seriously

Downstate wrote:

education is the biggest rip off business going

smile

shanghai

haha

Milwaukee, WI

I thought about being an undergrad in a music tech program, but now I've decided to just go in as an electrical engineering major.  I think it will be for the best!

Chicago, IL
Downstate wrote:

sorry man, wasnt trying to be a dick....

No man I've been up and down about school a lot. It was just you kinda reinforced the thought. And i go to the art institute for audio production. The facilities are very nice and my teachers are really passionate. But yeah. I'm thinking this is more of a hobby than a career. I wasnt being sarcastic at all haha sorry if it came off that way! I really do bump the mixtape.