Jackson, MI

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere or answered before, but I've been having a shit ton of problems with my EMS 64m cart lately.
i.e. turning off randomly (the gameboy still being on, but the screen wipes away to nothing), lots of lag/stutters, hella working memory corruptions for no reason...
Could this just be a sign that the battery is dying or is something more serious afoot?
I'm playing a show this Friday and this is really stressing me out.

Last edited by softRESET (Dec 5, 2012 1:12 pm)

I'm playing a show this Friday and this is really stressing me out.

Then why waisting time waiting for an answer?
Back your .sav up, switch battery or get a new Cart and go on with living - The End.

matt's mind

how old is the cart?

it doesn't sound much like a cartridge battery problem though...

although!  it might be weak batteries in your console.  try changing those

Jackson, MI

It's about two years old.

I've tried new batteries three times, each with a different brand, and it still ended up doing the same stuff.

matt's mind

two years old is long enough for a cart battery to weaken enough.  it could possibly be this, BE SURE to back up your sav file (and check it for corruption on an emu if you can, or another cart) before you change the battery.  you'll loose all your sav switching the battery out, which doesn't matter if you've backed it up correctly to begin with smile

it really doesn't sound like this though, but in your situation i'd either commit to troubleshooting it in any way possible, or try to get another cart to use before the gig.  borrow one even.