there are countless christmas music classics, and even more countless renditions of those classics by countless musicians..

but what about chanukah?? celebrators of this ancient jewish holiday, such as myself, are left with but a few actual good songs to celebrate with- such as "chanukah, o chanukah", "dreydl, dreydl, dreydl", and the classic "maoz tzur (rock of ages)".

like some judaized hybrid of 8bitpeoples' classic "8 bits of christmas" and "axel f" collaborations , i would like to initiate an 8-track chanukah chip album (a song for each night of chanukah) consisting of 8 different versions of "maoz tzur"!

my three requirements:
i. .wav or .mp3 format.
ii. tracks must be submitted by december 15th, so that they can be released on the last night of chanukah (the 16th).
iii. the song is maoz tzur!

this collaboration will only include 8 tracks, which will be selected on a first-come-first-serve basis, so indicate either below or in a pm your interest!

you may pm me a mediafire/etc link to your track when it is ready.
--------

can't wait! chag sameach!

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Dec 10, 2012 1:25 am)

bump?

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

I would you but you hate fakebit so now I cry

AndrewKilpatrick wrote:

I would you but you hate fakebit so now I cry

hmm.. maybe i should change that.. someone else pm'd me about that too.
mmk, fakebit is acceptable.

Brighton | Portsmouth | UK

Not heartfelt enough still cry

AndrewKilpatrick wrote:

Not heartfelt enough still cry

revision:

mmk, fakebit is acceptable heart heart heart heart heart

Westfield, NJ

ok um I am interested in this. not sure I will be able to get this done quick enough but I like the idea!

Hudson, MA

Damn, I wish I could, but I'm going to be stupid busy until the end of the month.  Sorry!

Cincinnati Ohio

thats a great idea!  im down to make a remix

awesome!

decktonic- i know you can do it!
glenntai- i have an idea- just don't sleep ever!
spry- yay!!! i look very forward to it!

hmm, i expected a lot of interest for this collab- but maybe it will have to wait til next year!

that is, unless there are 7 brave souls out there interested in participating!

Westfield, NJ
defPREMIUM wrote:

hmm, i expected a lot of interest for this collab- but maybe it will have to wait til next year!

that is, unless there are 7 brave souls out there interested in participating!

if I was given much more advance notice, like beginning of Nov, I would have been able to do it. Unfortunately these days I am working long hours (being in the entertainment industry makes December a very rough month) and I just haven't been able to even think about it. sorry sad

Playboy Man-Baby

I started making "dreidel, dreidel, dreidel"

Cincinnati Ohio

ive got my maoz tzur cover done tho D8 still doing anything?  maybe a christmas release? lol