Maybe too silly to post this in "hardware" but there might be something to it.

Is anybody rocking the Laserscope? I can't be the first to see it and think performance prop.

Does anybody have one lying around? I heard you could use it as a normal headphone for your gameboy, is that true?

Can't seem to figure it out on the pictures I find.

Is that an RCA?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dcwjOOO25vw/T … eadset.jpg
Larger image but you can't see the jack.

So if you can use it as a headphone, would it loud enough for mixing purposes?

Chicago IL
Jotie wrote:

performance prop.

boooo

I know, I know.

Btw: who was that in reformat the planet using the powerglove?

NC in the US of America

Could make a cool Megaman cosplay helmet out of that...

SketchMan3 wrote:

Could make a cool Megaman cosplay helmet out of that...

Word

Milwaukee, WI

This thread is depressing.

Chicago IL
Jotie wrote:

I know, I know.

Btw: who was that in reformat the planet using the powerglove?

Shawn Phase? I don't know I haven't seen it in a while, but I know he used to rock one.

rochester, ny

i've seen it so many times and i honestly can't remember a powerglove in reformat the planet.

Los Angeles, CA

It's Shawn Phase.
And it's during a montage of artists playing, there is a short cut of Shawn playing guitar with the Powerglove. I'm pretty sure the original cut of the film that was available for streaming on the IFC website (I think it was) way before the DVD came out showed footage from that same show of him setting his guitar on fire.

Also, stage props are stupid. I'll at least give Shawn credit, he was doing that shit from 2003-2007, maybe even earlier.

Gosford, Australia

what does this thing actually do in terms of gaming

buffalo, NY

its the best light gun ever.  It uses laser crosshairs in front of your eye that is INCREDIBLE effective.  Also it is voice activated.

It's a horrible piece of junk. I've heard it's the most accurate 'zapper' around but the voice activation is just stupid. I think you did have the game sound in your headphones so no bothering other people in the room with the NES-music. Which seems kind of stupid to say here, but I think that's a plus.

It could function as a normal headphone so I'm curious if it can beat monitors in terms of loudness/clearness for beatmatching/mixing reasons. I don't find my link cable and LSDJ sync to be sufficient, I loop some phrases and mute some channels to get the right transition. Kind of like a regular dj. So I use headphones all the time, and I thought, well, *maybe*, it would be a -little- bit, you know, maybe, funny (?) to use the laserscope as a regular headphone.

Wizwars wrote:

Also, stage props are stupid.

I agree, but there's lots of stuff out there. Backlits, promods, fluo headbands, Gatari. And we'd have to admit the DMG on it's own is kind of a stage prop. I wouldn't want to use FLstudio with a perfectly realistic sounding VST, I want that gameboy.

So, can anybody see if that's a regular red rca plug on that picture? Can anybody confirm that it can function like a headphone, and would it be loud enough to use it as a DJ headphone during a live gig?

NC in the US of America

Hmmm... I wonder if a Google search would get me more information than this:

The LaserScope was powered through the audio port of the NES, which enabled the user to hear the game audio as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LaserScope
Hmmm...

I was thinking it would be hard to play a game that requires rapid firing, since you'd have to say "fire" and fire is a hard word to say rapidly. But it actually would go off at any noise, so I suppose you could just say "bang" or "P-P-P-P!" or even "DIE DIE DIE!" and make it work that way.

I wonder if a homebrew game could be made that could use this for voice activated glitching or something. Would be cool for those NES+vocals artists wherever they might be.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Dec 10, 2012 1:54 pm)

Hack it and use it as a midi controller.

Also, did you just call the Gatari a stage prop? yikes
shame on you.

Timbob wrote:

Hack it and use it as a midi controller.

Also, did you just call the Gatari a stage prop? yikes
shame on you.

I think he is stating that most of us prefer to use use authentic hardware for sake of visual asthetics as well as audio aesthetics, and if we choose to customize our visual aesthetics it is of no huge importance.

England

i prefer to use a guitar emulator over a real guitar.