kelso washington

is there any way to revert a lsdjsng file back to a save file. i was working on a song and i felt like it was ready for publishing. little did i know i forgot to make a backup .sav file for the archives. i still have the lsdjsng in case i could revert it. but i have no knowledge of how to do so. if anyone has any idea to preform this action please let me know.

Austin, Texas

Just reinsert the .lsdsng into another .SAV file with LSDmanager.

I'm curious a to what you thought the purpose of lsdsng files was if not to be used I'm sav files...

Tacoma, WA

I would just try to keep everything as an .lsdjsng and back them up too. You should probably only really think about putting them back into a .sav file when you really need 'em (for shows and the like)...

@Zef   I don't want to seem like I am being a fanboy or nuthin', but I still have you Livewire album on a spare cart for when I don't have my iPod... one of my favorite albums man...

Robotcity, the year 20XX

Sorry for being a noob here, but how the hell do I reinsert a lsdsng into the LSDmanager? The only clickable option is V3 + sav and that won't let me open lsdsng files... What am I not getting here?

You have to open a .sav first.  Once it is open, you will then have the options to Add or Export .lsdsng files or to Clear Slot.  Then when it's all ready to go and organized how you want it, you select Save V3+...

rochester, ny

i erase all the songs from my cartridge and the "read sram", which saves a totally empty sav file. then i open that in the lsdmanager and add lsdsng's to that and save it as a new file, usually titling it with that day's date.

nickmaynard wrote:

i erase all the songs from my cartridge and the "read sram", which saves a totally empty sav file. then i open that in the lsdmanager and add lsdsng's to that and save it as a new file, usually titling it with that day's date.

Oh yea, and organization is sound advice as well.  I also use the date as part of my organization as well as the color of my carts.  Each one is a different color.

Abandoned on Fire
Zef wrote:

I'm curious as to what you thought the purpose of lsdsng files was if not to be used in sav files...

Me too.  What were you planning on doing with the song file other than inserting it into another sav?

Last edited by egr (Feb 19, 2013 2:53 pm)

nickmaynard wrote:

Just a heads up to btw, erasing all of the songs from a save doesn't erase the one track from the working memory, so is you want a clean one, erase Everything, then load a blank song, then rip the save. I've inadvertently sent everyone a copy of my old songs because of this, of course I give them out any way, so it's not a big deal, but be aware of it.

egr wrote:
Zef wrote:

I'm curious as to what you thought the purpose of lsdsng files was if not to be used in sav files...

Me too.  What were you planning on doing with the song file other than inserting it into another sav?

I'm going to assume they thought they could select a .lsdsng and it would automatically create a new .sav file.  They probably didn't realize you have to open an already existent .sav file (empty or not).