São Paulo, Brazil

SHIT!

Sparklehorse was one of my favorite acts. Too sad.

http://pitchfork.com/news/38114-rip-spa … k-linkous/

IL, US

harsh, i saw sparklehorse once back in 2002-2003 or so..was pretty decent

brooklyn!

i heard about this earlier this morning. i love sparklehorse, and this is truly sad.
i have a lot to say about the act of suicide in and of itself, but this is in no way the proper forum for that. i just feel terrible for him, and everyone who cares for him or his music. rest in peace.

Last edited by likeluke (Mar 8, 2010 4:08 am)

Philly/NY

Don't know much of his work, but I love Dark Night of the Soul. That sucks.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

FUUUCKKKK
He was like my hero..  >_<

Damn it

he was a pretty troubled man though...

Did you know he almost became paralyzed  from the waist down because he did some kind of drugs(or something) that caused him pass out and fall to his knee's in such a way that it cut circulation to his legs. he was like that for hours until someone found him. so he lucked out i guess..

man that sucks.. he was amazing

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/displa … rklehorse/

ad-hell-aide

An amazing musician, I loved his work and have been listening to sparklehorse consistently since 2001. May Mark rest in peace. He was a hero of mine.

Finland

RIP sad

I really liked that Dark Night Of The Soul album and always had intention to listen more Sparklehorse, kinda same thing happened for me with Jay Reatard earlier this year.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

i was first introduced to "it's a wonderful life" when i was like 16. change my life for ever.

ad-hell-aide

Yeah I agree. It's "A Wonderful Life" is an amazing release, and it had a big effect on me. It was the second gift my wife ever gave to me, and so it also has a lot sentimental value for me personally.

I can strongly recommend listening to all of Sparklehorse's material. Definitely worth checking out.

São Paulo, Brazil

What I like most about Mark Linkous work is how he blends together electronic experimentalis with lo-fi sounds and make perfect pop tunes. Either on Sparklehorse or in the great records he produced ("Fear Yourself" by Daniel Johnston) and that one by Nina Person. I only wish I had seen him live (if brazilian gig promoters weren't so fucking dumb)

IL, US

main thing i remember about sparklehorse live were these really nice black & white visuals behind him, distinctly remember some grain beach footage that  was edited very nicely to keep time with the music...

Philly

Wow, Sea of Teeth is one of my all time favorite songs.  hmm

California

too sad. I hate when stuff like this happens. it is tragic. poor mark...

ad-hell-aide
Ro-Bear wrote:

Wow, Sea of Teeth is one of my all time favorite songs.  hmm

I know!