So.. chances are several of you have frontlit a CGB at some point or another. I followed the advice of several tutorials and just thought I would point out something I ran into in my experience. A few of the tutorials mentioned "running a fingernail" across the surface of the plastic extracted from the SP for use in the CGB to determine which side is grooved and which side is plane. No where do they suggest that this is likely to scratch up the screen. This is unnoticeable before finishing the mod and lighting it up, but once lit its very noticeable. Anywhere that a fingernail has been run across is a big nasty scrape. So.. I would suggest if you do this to figure out which side is grooved, do it on the edge, or simple look for a grooved reflection in adequate lighting. My mod worked great but I was disappointed to see some ugly irremovable scratches in the middle of the screen.

Murcia, Spain

Did you cut the front light in order to fit horizontally? I ask because I put it vertical and it's impossible to see anything unless you look to the screen from one side...

Houston

I did that same thing and I was so mad >:(

yeah i cut it down for a horizontal fit, looks much better. but yeah, fox! dude! i was like, oh bummer it must have been scratched, and then laying in bed last night it dawned on me. i was set up to fail. so weak. broken SPs aren't exactly growing on trees.

washington

I seem to have luck with all the difficult mods, I frontlit my GBA without any problems.