Tokyo, Japan

This thread is for little improvements to piggy tracker, ie minor tweaks, adjustments, interface changes and thing which should be fairly simple to add. If you have a major feature addition idea, Peter has a thread here.

I suggested these in the epic piggy thread but I thought I would dig them out and post them here. I had a few ideas for some minor user interface tweaks which might be easy to add.

1 - LTRIG up jumping the the top of the phrase / song / chain.

2 - A 4th LTRIG - B select mode. Now we have

Select plus Dpad
Select row
Select screen

how about a 4th one, select column? might be useful for transposing instruments / octaves?

3 - When in the chain screen, L Trig + B -> B selects a row. How about with the row selected and L Trig held, UP or DOWN on the Dpad selects whole screen above or below the selected row?

If you have anything similar to add go ahead. Please note I dont mean big feature requests like "add a noise generator" or "throw in an IRC client" or "midi input". Just simple little UI tweaks.

Last edited by Lazerbeat (Dec 12, 2012 4:09 am)

Abandoned on Fire

Plus one for select column. I could use that right now.

france

Could be usefull to get bpm with a dot to help sync :
- 120.1 bpm, sometime it could help

A "save as" function, it take time to copy paste project folder.

france

My favourite one :
- a realllly basic sample editor to cut, resize, normalize, dirty sample.

Ok I could use sound forge, but cut the begin/end of a sample is really usefull :
- release memory
- improve load time
- could be like Nanoloop lsdj editor smile

Last edited by yoyz2k (Dec 12, 2012 1:06 am)

france

Mic support on dingoo

france

A "preset like" storage area, to import export instrument and/or table

france

A fix with legato which work with 0000.
Don't understand why it work like pitch 0000, maybe my ghetto build ?

Save copy as
Rename project
Deep clone

Reload samples - a selfish one. I do my main tracking on mac lately and I would love to be able to boost/eq a drum hit or add reverb etc using external editor and then replace it without save reload..

Last edited by mk (Dec 12, 2012 1:15 am)

uhajdafdfdfa
yoyz2k wrote:

My favourite one :
- a realllly basic sample editor to cut, resize, normalize, dirty sample.

Ok I could use sound forge, but cut the begin/end of a sample is really usefull :
- release memory
- improve load time
- could be like Nanoloop lsdj editor smile

the way impulse tracker has it is there are just keys to cut before/after the start/end of the loop... no "sample editor" really, but you can edit samples

might be easier to implement

but lazerbeat did make it pretty explicit that this thread was about "Minor Piggy user experience improvements" and not about massive new features

it should be open sourced that would  be nice

Unsubscribe
yoyz2k wrote:

Mic support on dingoo

It should work with the format that the native dingoo recorder app uses, so record audio, set sample folder to be the root of the disk, and navigate to your saved audio.

Unsubscribe
yoyz2k wrote:

A fix with legato which work with 0000.
Don't understand why it work like pitch 0000, maybe my ghetto build ?

http://gorehole.org/lgptWiki/doku.php?i … #lega_aabb

" if LEGA is put on a row where a note is present and the pitch offset is 0 (e.g. C4 I3 LEGA 1000) the slide will occur automatically from previous note to the current one at the given speed."

Unsubscribe
ant1 wrote:

it should be open sourced that would  be nice

Actually its available to devs if they ask nicely.. thats why we have things like improved project browsing and the pig filters. Otherwise open source serves little to no purpose.

Unsubscribe
mk wrote:

Save copy as
Rename project
Deep clone

Reload samples - a selfish one. I do my main tracking on mac lately and I would love to be able to boost/eq a drum hit or add reverb etc using external editor and then replace it without save reload..

+10000000000000

The fact that everything has been reversioned is good for the piggy scene.. means a bunch of long term todos may be coming (HOPE HOPE). If you want to see whats up, check dis:

https://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/655891

Tokyo, Japan

Ok then I will add my dream feature! Noise generator.

herr_prof wrote:

The fact that everything has been reversioned is good for the piggy scene.. means a bunch of long term todos may be coming (HOPE HOPE). If you want to see whats up, check dis:

https://www.pivotaltracker.com/projects/655891

Does this replace the old bug / feature tracker? it seems kinda groovy as you can tie specific bugs and features to a given release!

Last edited by Lazerbeat (Dec 12, 2012 6:38 am)

Germany

"Minor" UI tweaks:

1. Two samples / waveforms per channel (with FM & ringmod)
2. Waveform view
3. Vibrato

Last edited by otakumode (Dec 12, 2012 11:05 am)

United States

CTRL+F SYSEX
CTRL+F MIDI SLAVE

NOT FOUND

YOU LOSE.