Sweeeeeeden

Hello. I'm going to probe the interest in this. I want you people to list ideas/requests for Gameboy music/sound/noise making programs you want to see happen. Nothing is too big, nothing is too small. Let me see your ideas...

uhajdafdfdfa

i would like a program which can create the sounds of a number of animals and maybe do artist impressions of what you think various dinosaurs might have sounded like

easy mode: samples
hard mode: no samples

Tokyo, Japan

ok, I would like a basic GB sample trigger thing. Map a sample to UDLR / B / A and you can have a little soundboard. Possibly start or select plus UDLR / B / A accesses 2nd or 3rd banks of samples?

Czech republic

User friendly multitrack midi sequencer compatible with arduinoboy interface.

edit: also Euclidean style controlled drum machine. Output: internal sounds or midi

Last edited by ashimoke (Dec 12, 2012 2:19 pm)

Washington DC

Shitwave 2: Shit Harder.

Boston, MA

program similar in interface to LSDJ with the ability to export the music in a format to be included in other gameboy roms with a player routine (like carillion but for the LSDJ userbase)

Tokyo, Japan

Metronome / guitar tuner?

new jersey

I've been reading a lot about drone synths based on 555 chip oscillators (for example) and I think it'd be really neat to see the four channels of the gameboy given some controllable constraints (volume, pitch, wave shape, tremolo, whatevs).

indeterministic, generative, algorithmic, dynamic, rhythmic, groovy & fun

Last edited by _-_- (Dec 12, 2012 2:17 pm)

matt's mind
_-_- wrote:

indeterministic, generative, algorithmic, dynamic, rhythmic, groovy & fun

i like this.

a generative something would be pretty cool.  maybe with a basic menu to set the parameters (sound design, algorithmic determinators, etc)

matt's mind

actually, no, i'm changing my mind.

LOGO for Game Boy.  with PS/2 keyboard function via link port (for entering the commands)

in 256kb rom size or less, so cheap(er) carts with no mapping can be used on hardware tongue

edit -- just realized you wanted music only ideas....  nevermind.  or just add a musical interpretive element to scan and play back the design the turtle draws.  like an old player-piano would do...  or if you musically read an etch-a-sketch

Sweeeeeeden

Oh, any ideas are ok I guess.

Personally, I'd like to see a 1-bit tracker for Gameboy. Not enough 1-bit love in this world.

Czech republic
thebitman wrote:

Personally, I'd like to see a 1-bit tracker for Gameboy. Not enough 1-bit love in this world.

^ yes please!

BK

Definitely interested in a dedicated sample playback rom, maybe with MIDI input via arduinoboy- this way the game boy could serve as a drum machine controlled via midi and/or controlled by a 2nd game boy running lsdj midi out. It would be amazing if you could readily swap out sample banks

I'd also love to see some software allowing the creation of visuals on the game boy - I know it's a bit weird since there's no real native video out on the game boy but via emulation it could look really cool. I always loved how shitwave looked in an emulator and I'd love something similar to that but with more modes/patterns.

Would be cool to see that ^ on a SNES with the Super Gameboy, could even have a custom border.