matt's mind

don't feel like drudging through the backlight guides...  pretty sure its the va ones, but they installed this way.  worked out well.

Yeah, that's how the VAs were installed. It's the closest 5v source on that side of the board.

Barcelona city - Spain

Thanks all of you guys for your help with this big_smile

ive installed the backlight properly and it lights up when i power the system on, but the problem is it is too bright!! I cant see anything unless i tilt the screen parallel to my line of vision. halp

matt's mind

use a higher rated resistor.  it will lower the brightness

the kit i got said that the resistor was built in...maybe i just need to connect to different points

is using these points incorrect for my kit?

the backlight says ASM VC series, i even tried it with a few different resistors where they would normally go and im still having the same problem

The problem won't be from the LED brightness, the LED is calculated to be at the optimal value. It sounds like you ripped a ribbon cable or your batteries aren't charged.

EDIT: actually, from looking at your pictures, it looks like the cable that connects the LCD board to the motherboard is destroyed.

Last edited by Apeshit (Dec 16, 2012 3:07 am)

i think that is just grain from the iphone quality picture.. should i just try a new screen?

yep! tried a new screen and everything works. sorry about all the posts, guess i just needed to do some troubleshooting

There is my tutorial how to backlight dmg with backlight panel v3 from nonfinite's store:
http://modshow.blogspot.com/p/podswietlenie-v3.html
Just watch how i modified white plastic around the screen. use any translator...