Ciudad de méxico, MX

Some buddy is selling a c64c over here. He has two tape loaders with it. I think it may be a good chance to try to load cynthcart on tape on it. Someone know if it works, or there's some limitation by using the tape?

Sorry if the question is ridiculous, i'm a c64 noob.

thanks!

Oakland, CA

Yes it does work. I bought the Treewave (Paul Slocum's band) album and Track 5? has the audio for the app.
He posted the directions for grabbing it in the liner notes. Needless to say after about a day of research I was playing my first commodore synth.
Memories ^_^

New York City

Painful, man. Datassettes are devilish devices.
The loading times are retarded.

Earthling

I guess the only advantage is the tape is more compact and much cheaper than a disk drive? Getting a program onto the tape and then loading it will take ages! Last time I loaded a tape in this way was when I was about 8 years old and the load time felt like an eternity

England

i think silreq wrote a c64 album using SDI loading and saving to tape. talk about crazy patience.

also i have a .prg of cynthcart but Vice, which works with my hardsid, only works with .d64. hopefully there is some sort of converter out there.

Last edited by Jellica (Mar 10, 2010 3:32 pm)

sure you can convert any c64 format in DirMaster
Anyway I think cartridge is way to go for cynthcart.
I'm waiting for all the parts for cynthcart midi mod.  Should be with me next week. Can't fucking wait.

Last edited by lukass (Mar 10, 2010 4:14 pm)

Ciudad de méxico, MX

Hey guys!m thanks a lot for the input! I'm just a cheap bastard who can't afford both cart and c64c ....

I guess then i have to save a lil' money for the cart.

the thing that captivates me is that the buddy has two tape loaders... i must do something with them if i'm buying the package.

your help is really great!

Oakland, CA

The track length for Cynthcart is about 45 seconds to 1 minute. Funny thing about analog technology is you have to wait real time ^_^

Last edited by lotekindustries (Mar 10, 2010 10:40 pm)

IL, US

you could always use the cassete decks for an excuse to get a vic20 & victracker

or Fisichella for that matter.

IL, US

i always forget about that ^, thanks for the reminder smile