No prosound on the matrix boy? If be very interested if it had an 1/8th " Prosound with the headphone jack still intact

Dallas

Sorry I haven't responded or bumped this for a while. Work was killing me...

I'm shipping from Dallas Texas via USPS.

I didn't use any polish on the buttons. I used Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to remove the scratched surface and give the buttons an even matte finish.

The photos are only mildly color corrected to account for the greenish tint that fluorescent tube lights give off. The GreyBoys are EXTREMELY clean and they have no perceptible yellowing. I spent a good 6 hours per Greyboy just cleaning them! They are in "like new" condition... well as close as anything from the late 80s to early 90s can be. I still have a few of them left for anyone that's interested.

Sorry about the lack of Prosound on the MatrixBoy. I plan on making more MatrixBoys after the new year, and I think I will add the ASM 1/8 Prosound on them. Also someone JUST asked about the MatrixBoy, so it may be sold now... Patience! smile

Holy cow, those Greyboys are lovely. What method did you use to whiten them/get rid of yellowing?

my mom's basement

Wow. Thinking of picking up that matrixboy. I technically have a "custom" one already. If you call what 6-12 year old me doodled on it "custom." And it has some "custom" dead pixels on it around the edges.

Dallas

I used the Retr0Bright stuff on a few of them that were only a little yellow. The others were pristine cases that were just a bit dirty.

The MatrixBoy might be sold, but PM me and if the current interested party falls through, you are next in line. wink

Chicago

Xevin, what type of vinyl dye did you use?

Thanks for the idea!
I used some I found at local auto parts store, turn out pretty well.

Dallas

Very nice GoingHam! I used VHT brand dye. They sell it at AutoZone and O'reilly car repair stores in the US. Takes about 1 can to do 5 light, even coats on one DMG Game Boy and each can costs around $13. Turns out really well I think. Very sturdy stuff too. It takes a pretty deep cut to get down to the undyed plastic.

Would you be interested in making another piano boy and selling both the piano boy and the matrix boy as a set. If so please let me know how much you'd want to do so.

Dallas

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. Work has been killing me...

I plan on making a bunch of PianoBoys and MatrixBoys after the new year. Unfortunately I don't have any time to do it any time sooner then that. Work/Holidays...

I plan on selling them at $95.

That includes:
Complete GameBoy System
VHT Vinyl Dyeing
ASM VC Blacklight
ASM PCB Mount Pro Sound
ASM Modern Screen Cover
ASM DMG Buttons
Free Shipping in the US

Also I still have the original MatrixBoy and 5 Pristine GameBoys for sale if anyone is interested.