Milwaukee, WI

I love sidechain style volume ducking.  Anyone been able to coax a nice sounding one out of piggy?  I've been playing with VOLM and filter commands all day.  It's so easy in LSDJ, just use some global volume commands.

Riverside, CA

I've always found M commands in LSDJ to sound too choppy.
I prefer to do the kick on left channel, everything else on right and sidechain outside of the Game Boy.
Much better.

Tokyo, Japan

DISCLAIMER -- I haven't messed with LGPT.

In LSDJ I don't go for the M command but mess with E, G and H commands on a table. Pretty cool effect if you can get it just right.

Brazil

AFAI remeber, there is not a master volume, but you would be able to sidechain using volm and filters. Just a bit more of stress to make it right

Geneva, NY

sm0hm answered your question in 2010:

http://hexawe.net/hex0021_you_put_a_smi … _sm0hm.mp3
http://hexawe.net/hex0021_you_put_a_smi … _sm0hm.zip

Milwaukee, WI

Dang!  I love that track and totally didn't even think of it.   Thanks!

San Francisco

I think i am going to start making LGPT tutorials for shits and giggles. I just made one for sidechaining.
I will post it when its uploaded.

San Francisco

This tutorial shows you the basics of sidechaining in LGPT.

"Notes:
There are several ways to emulate sidechaining in LGPT. Sidechaining is a common effect used in music production where a sound source drops its volume to make room for another sound to be heard clearly in a mix.
In this tutrorial i emulate this concept by manualy drawing out volume envelopes with commands and tables.

The example made in this tutorial uses a sidechain with a slow release to more easily demo its effect. feel free to actually speed up the release for a more subtle effect."

Last edited by wedanced (Dec 18, 2012 1:22 am)

lolusa

I didn't know exactly what the two left digits did until now. Thanks dude!

Brazil

Dude, I think the way you use the hop command is wrong. You say it will keep playing where there is nothing, but once it reaches the bottom it goes back to 00. You should hop to itself (i can't remember if this is right) or make a void space between the volm cmd and the hop cmd. Then it won't hop back to 00.

It would look like this:
VOLM XXXX
---- ----
HOP- 0001

This would loop from 01 to 01 forever. That's what I do anyway, I might be wrong!

PS: just checkd it, if you set it to loop to itself it works. So it should look like this

VOLM XXXX
HOP- 0001

Last edited by Subway Sonicbeat (Dec 20, 2012 7:26 pm)