California

So, I got a DMG, A flash cart from kitsch-bent, bought a copy of lsdj, checked out the sabrepulse tutorial, and this is what I've got so far:
https://soundcloud.com/t3chn0ph1le/cros … e-sidewalk

I don't think it really counts as a "song" personally, but i'm really anxious and impatient 0___0

also, i'm still doing research on music theory and such, considering I wasn't interested in music until I found LSDJ by accidentally hitting another letter in a quick google search....... the extra letter was L...

Brazil

Forget about sabrepulse tutorial, ditch the gameboy startup sound and relax.

Also don't worry about feedback, that is something you will learn with time. Craft your songs and be satisfied with it, then think about releasing it.

Seriously, take your time, don't get anxious.

Sounds like mario at a rave

California

okay, relax... relax.... fewwwwww..... everything will work out... find a thousand ways that don't work... maybe I should stop drinking so much coffee... and energy drinks... thank you! smile

my mom's basement

Yeah. When I started writing music, I released the three songs I wrote on the first day of getting lsdj, on the first day. To my horror, they are still floating around the internet (on newgrounds, under a different name) and I wish they were gone. Only now, after about a few years of using the program am I slightly more comfortable with what I write. So yeah, take your time, learn the nuances of lsdj, and then get out there and make a name for yourself. Also, music theory isn't that important, just learn the scales. If you really feel the need to, learn the circle of fifths. And if you ever feel like you can't write anything good, maybe you'll stumble across my early work, and after it makes your ears bleed you'll realize, in comparison, what a musical genius you are.

California

dude, i'm sure whatever you wrote was awesome, and anything you are writing is even better smile thanks for the confidence boosts, guise!

Sweden

Not too bad! I enjoyed it. Give it a few weeks to figure out if it's anything like what you want it to be, though.

This is actually pretty rad! I kind of liked the startup sound, it sort of set the mood in a way!

washington

You rape the P command. In a good way. big_smile

washington

edit:double post

Last edited by basspuddle (Dec 20, 2012 4:54 am)

Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

[...]

Craft your songs and be satisfied with it, then think about releasing it.

Seriously, take your time, don't get anxious.

This.

You don't have to put out anything you make. It's like with a Apple Tree, ya don't eat all Appels right? Only the good ones.
And as far as it comes to tutorials, before you start with them read the Manual. Read it so hard, that you'll dream about reading it. Only then you're doing it right.
Then look around for some tutorials on YouTube or here (Danimal Cannon on YouTube got a good one, roboctopus ones are also great).
And after that you ca try to look into peoples lsdng files, if you still need to or at that time you got pretty good with LSDJ. If so, start to play shows, spread your name and all that stuff.

Brazil

Yeah, don't rush things, everybody here only gets better after a few years making it. It's not that fast neither easy.

California

Thanks for the words of wisdom, guys smile I really appreciate it! In return I shall provide you all with this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW7COQLtgjQ

Psydney, Australia

Just have fun while you're doing it and the results will come