Hey everyone! I just finished my first music video and put it on YouTube. smile It's for a song that's also fairly new (actually I made both in just one day/night) so I can't really say if the final mix came out alright (plus I got a new sound card tongue). I somehow simply had the urge to do this and get it out there. Usually, it takes months for me to actually finish my songs and finally release them.

The scenes in the video are from the movie "Waltzes from Vienna" by Alfred Hitchcock if anyone's interested. 1934 sure was a great time to release sentimental films about Vienna, with the rise of fascism and all. roll

Anyway, you also find the song on SoundCloud and in the music section. Let me know what you think.

love it, i like when you put reverb on it

my mom's basement

That will be stuck in my head for a while yet. Also, that guy at the beginning riding the horse smoking the pipe cracked me up for some reason.

Wow, thank you guys! I really didn't expect that much positive reaction for something I put together in a few hours. big_smile

Catf1sh wrote:

That will be stuck in my head for a while yet. Also, that guy at the beginning riding the horse smoking the pipe cracked me up for some reason.

Have you tried to fix'em up? I thought you must try it at once..

holiday on horseback

California, United States

Very nice!

Thanks!

Puerto Rico

Loved it!

Madriz, Supain

Not trying to offend, but filtering a classic movie and putting music over it is not "a video".

I dig the song, tho. What samples do you use for the drums?

No offense taken. Although I have to say I did a bit more than just filtering it and technically IT IS "a video". wink

The drum samples are from different sources - Amen (snare and crash), Deadmau5 XFER (kick and hihat) and others I got from various songs by "Der Tante Renate" (my favorite electro artist). Oh and there's that cabinet simulator as well as some other effects.

Sydney, NSW
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

Not trying to offend, but filtering a classic movie and putting music over it is not "a video".

Snipping clips from other sources is as much of a video as sampling a film's audio is a song.

rochester, ny

sampling and collage are both totally valid artistic choices. i think the contrast between the viennese orchestra (the old) and the synthy music (the new) was a cool idea. i liked it!

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it!