KC

I just installed ASM's V2 prosound into my dmg as per his instructions on his site and now when I plug into the factory jack there is no sound at all, speaker or headphones otherwise.

is there a difference between his board and doing the prosound with just a 1/8" jack?

Shoot me a message via the contact form. I'll work through it with you.

I got one too that had this issue. it was missing the resistors. Check for empty pads right under the holes for wires

KC

Looks like they're all there and @ Ape I mssg'd you a couple minutes ago

12ianma wrote:

I got one too that had this issue. it was missing the resistors. Check for empty pads right under the holes for wires

This was cleared up already. You tried to solder the jack with a heatgun for whatever reason and the components blew off. The pads were all tinned, I wouldn't overlook soldering the "resistors". I have a picture of the kits from that batch and all the components are present.

I never got my resistors, and I used my hot air station to make sure there were no dry pads, after it had not worked with the wires/jack soldered in with an iron. Why would I bother scam you for like 5 cents in smt resistors. All I offered was some insight to his issue. thank you for your constant belittling.

Matthew Joseph Payne

I have a v2 that's been acting up since I installed it too. I haven't had a chance to really look into it, but I have confirmed that the board is the problem (not the headphone jack or gameboy).

Basically getting one ear only or nothing on the headphone jack until I plug the headphones in only halfway. Prosound works fine.

Ditto this on the board that came in my preassembled DMG. Hopefully it will be a quick fix. I'm willing to donate my board for research and experimentation.

There was a flaw in some of the ones from the last batch. Annoyingly enough, they work fine with all of my audio gear so I didn't even catch it. Surprised I didn't get any emails about this.

Please get in contact via the contact form at the shop and I'll replace, fix or refund any faulty ones. Or with some basic SMD soldering skills, I'll send the instructions on how to do the fix. My fault, sorry guys!

Matthew Joseph Payne

Coo!

I haven't used the DMG with this board for months, and had forgotten it had issues. You da man! heart

Last edited by thebitman (Dec 24, 2012 3:09 pm)

Matthew Joseph Payne

Just fixed two units based on Rob's instructions, only took a second!

KC

I tried reversing the capacitors on one of mine and it didn't work.

still no sound out of the factory jack but sound out of the pro jack.

Matthew Joseph Payne

Check your work. It's an easy fix, but only if you're a pretty confident with scolding and your tools are in good order. Got a close up photo of the board post-op?